cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't share computer audio on Mac anymore

Samfitnnyc
Listener

Made no changes to my Mac or app.  Suddenly for no apparent reason, can no longer share computer audio in meetings.  I do this to share background music.     I've uninstalled, and reinstalled, and ensured that screen recording, and nothing.    Normal audio is fine.   In fact, If I play music and "share computer audio", the music stops.  If I "stop sharing" then my music can be heard again in my speakers only.         Very frustrating, and have yet to find a solution.  

3 REPLIES 3

ifiok
Listener

@Samfitnnyc I have the same issue on my Mac.

Have you found a solution for it?

ifiok
Listener

@Samfitnnyc The solution for me was to ensure that the Mic Mode on my Mac is on Standard (not Voice Isolation).

Screenshot 2023-05-11 at 08.41.45.png

Samfitnnyc
Listener

Interesting.   If you don't mind, where do I find the Mic Mode feature?   Oddly enough, as inexplicable as the issue appeared, the week after, the issue stopped, EXCEPT while I'm sharing computer audio, my earphones won't connect.  And it's definitely the app, as opposed to my Mac because it happens regardless of the headphones, and as soon as I stop sharing computer audio, or using the Mac for audio outside of Zoom, my earphones connect, no problem.