cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't set up synced calendars

AshleighM
Listener

I'm trying to sync my calendars as described in this help post. However, when I get to the step that says "Tap the Sync Zoom Meetings from calendars toggle to on",  the toggle will not switch on when I tap it. It doesn't matter where I tap on that screen (including of course the toggle itself, but I tried tapping the label as well), I can't get anything to happen.

My zoom app is version 5.9.6 (2729). 

Help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

UPDATE:  For me.. I went into the iPhone settings under zoom and there was an option to "Allow Calendars" once i enabled that, I went back to the app and the toggle worked and showed my icloud calendars as options.

Hope this helps someone else since I have not seen these instructions any where else.

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15

AshleighM
Listener

I should add that's the iOS app.

colegs
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

@AshleighM are you using a personal account, or are you part of a business account?

I have Zoom Pro. I don't know if that's considered personal or business.

colegs

Thanks @AshleighM , if you have Pro it is a personal account.  

Can you verify that on your iPhone, under Settings -> Calendar -> Accounts you have 1 or more calendars connected on the iPhone?

I'm not sure @colegs . Under Accounts (I tried to attach a screenshot but oddly .jpegs - with an E - are not supported) I have iCloud, ***********, and Gmail listed. iCloud has calendars turned off. *********** has Calendars listed in the subtitle on the Accounts list but when you tap on *********** to go into the settings there's nowhere to turn calendars on or off or configure them so I'm not sure how it says they're on.  Gmail is listed as inactive.

colegs

@AshleighM If I read that correctly, iCloud and Gmail have calendars turned off/inactive.  If that is the case, it sound like there are not calendars to sync.  Can you try turning on the Gmail calendar and see if that enables the Sync toggle on the iPhone?

Sorry, it asterisked out my email address that is the second of the 3 accounts listed (iCloud is the first and just the word Gmail - inactive is the third). The second account DOES have calendars turned on (it says they're on on the Accounts page and now that I actually think about it of course they're on because I do use them). I just looked more closely and that second account is my other Apple ID.  So my second Apple ID (iCloud) has calendars turned on.

I just tried turning on the calendars for the iCloud account (first Apple ID) and restarting the Zoom app and was unable to turn on the sync toggle.

I also tried turning on the calendars for the Gmail account and restarting the zoom app and was also unable to turn on the sync toggle.

Thank you for your help so far with this.

So at this point I have calendars turned on but the sync toggle still won't work. Would appreciate any help that anyone can provide. Thanks!

colegs

Did any of the calendars you are trying to sync with (GMail or iCloud) have the same email address you use to sign into Zoom?  I do not see it specified anywhere, but that one aspect of my integration, and makes sense based on how Zoom would know which calendar to use.

Oh no that would be really aggravating if the case. My calendars are using a different email address. I need Zoom to sync with my calendar so that my Zoom notetaker (Fathom) will work in meetings I'm not the host of but the only way it can do that is if those meetings are on the Zoom calendar. 

How can I find out if this is the reason my setup isn't working or if I should keep troubleshooting?

"How can I find out if this is the reason my setup isn't working or if I should keep troubleshooting?" (from my previous comment)

Does anyone have an idea? Does anyone know for sure if your calendar account has to use the same email address as your Zoom account?

MarkH
Listener

I am having the exact same issue.. the toggle button does nothing and does not allow me to enable the feature ? App Version 5.10.0

UPDATE:  For me.. I went into the iPhone settings under zoom and there was an option to "Allow Calendars" once i enabled that, I went back to the app and the toggle worked and showed my icloud calendars as options.

Hope this helps someone else since I have not seen these instructions any where else.

Bri
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Thank you for sharing this update @MarkH !

Bri
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

Oh my gosh this is the answer! Thank you!!!