cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't see users' faces on computer screen, but I see them fine on my cell. Help??

Mimmi38
Listener

I use both my cellphone and my desktop computer screen to view zoom meetings, b/c I don't have a webcam or mic on my desktop but I like to see the screen larger than on my little cell. I use my cell for audio and for the camera. All was fine up until a month or so ago, when suddenly I could not see attendees' faces on the computer screen, but I see everyone just fine on my cellphone. Sometimes they will be like a green screen, other times like a ghostly image, half-visible. It happens both on the main screen, and in breakout rooms.

If someone shares their screen, I DO see that fine on the computer screen (like a YouTube or a website they may share). It's just the faces in the attendees' windows that I cannot see.

I DID attend another person's zoom last night and saw their faces perfectly, but in the majority of the zooms I attend, I cannot. I think I've updated my zoom on both devices. Don't know why this is happening, or how to fix. Help!!

2 REPLIES 2

Rupert
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hi @Mimmi38 

I would recommend first ensuring your Zoom software is fully up to date:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362233-Upgrade-update-to-the-latest-version

Then ensure you do not, for some reason, have the new "stop incoming video" feature enabled:

Check under your Zoom Video settings for  "stop incoming video" setting - and un-enable it, if it is enabled.

See if that helps at all.

I get this problem, but only after Zoom has been running for 5 or 10 minutes. Incoming video feeds start going black, others freeze up.  I try to screen share and Zoom crashes.  This only occurs in the latest release, and i keep my iPad and Zoom up to date.  This seems like a bug in the new release, or an incompatibility issue with Zoom.   If I run the old version of Zoom on my iPad, I have no issues but of course none of the new features in the latest release.  Any idea what might be going on?  Thanks