cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't see option to change to Gallery View - iPad 9th Gen

alvindizon
Listener

Currently, I can't see an option to change to Gallery View while in a meeting using my iPad. I can only see  options to switch cameras and to turn on/off center stage. I've also set Gallery View as default on settings, but the app doesn't seem to respect this setting. Swiping in any direction doesn't seem to do anything, nor tapping the upper left area of the screen (or any part of the screen for that matter).

4 REPLIES 4

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

Hi, @alvindizon,

Please see the iPad-related info in this Zoom Support article:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362323-Adjusting-your-video-layout-during-a-virtual-mee... 

Make sure you meet the various requirements listed. For example, you will not see Gallery View available if you are in your meeting alone with no other participants. 

If you meet so all the requirements and still can’t find the View Gallery menu item, let me know. 

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

alvindizon
Listener

Hi @Ray_Harwood , thanks for replying. Based on the listed requirements, it seems switching to Gallery View is only supported on iPad Pro and not on a plain iPad?

alvindizon
Listener

Though upon further inspection, I should still be able to see Gallery View as I am joining a call that has more than 2 participants. Seems like a big deficiency in the app. Also the requirements could have been made clearer, e.g., if you're on an iPad and not iPad Pro, Gallery View is not available.

Ray_Harwood

Thanks, @alvindizon.  I know the Zoom development team has a difficult task keeping the Zoom client "relatively consistent" among all the various devices it runs on (I was a developer too many years ago -- when there weren't nearly this many options!).  I don't know what the system-level UI difference might be, but I'm sure there's something in the iPadOS architecture that causes the difference in capability between the two models.

And sometimes the documentation sounds right to the folks who put it together, but it doesn't really convey the full message to the average reader.  That's why there is usually a comment button near the bottom of each page:

Ray_Harwood_0-1669382272639.png

And if you click No, another section appears:

Ray_Harwood_1-1669382301638.png

The Zoom documentation team does review these... through the Zoom Community Champion program I've met one of the busiest documentation guys I've ever known, and I know he reviews these comments and makes appropriate changes where possible.  Your input will make a difference any time you see something that needs more/different explanation.

Thanks for the response.

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !