cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't see avatar on thumbnail or non-video screen

Roger_Blair
Listener

I recently added an avatar to my Zoom account. (it's the same as my account picture.) However, when I attend a church meeting on Zoom, my avatar doesn't appear by my name on the participant list--all I see are my initials--and it doesn't appear on my window when I turn video off. How do I make the avatar appear in both places?

Thank you.

7 REPLIES 7

andrew2
Listener

This may be in the settings for the host. They will have opted for names and not photos, which is quite normal in this kind of meeting.

I'm sorry, andrew2, but that doesn't seem to be the case here; some other people have photos and thumbnails, and some don't. How do I activate the photo and thumbnail?

HEllo  Thats interesting.  Ive not come across that one before. Sorry

CreativeLight
Listener

I don't remember having to worry about this before.  I have a profile pic and name on my account.  However, when I click a zoom link from my email that does not show.  I have to remember to login to Zoom from the browser FIRST before I click any email zoom links for my profile pic and name to show.  Why is there not a way in the Zoom client to log in so shows pics.  I have several times had to leave a meeting, log in first, then click link again to join to have my profile pick show (versus just black with name specified by Host if I forget to sign in on browser first).  In fact, why doesn't the client just do it by asking for user login if have a zoom account before opens client?

I've had the same problem all of a sudden. Must be a new update glitch. Hopefully will be fixed soon. I can't figure out how to get my avatar visible at all except in my profile.

Kerryt
Listener

Same problem Lost avatar in meetings of a beautiful sunset.  Only black background and white head shows in meetings, Zoom please fix this glitch!!

aungaungkhant
Listener

Thank you