cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't participate in polls

Jutta
Listener

Hi everybody,

I use Zoom (Basic) only infrequently.  But several times there was a poll in the meeting and I couldn't participate since I didn't see any polling options (yes/no/whatever). Once it was in a general meeting, once it was a participation control. Both times it was really bothersome not to be able to poll (or prove my participation). I seem to be the only one who can't participate, therefore I think the problem lies with my set-up.

I have quite a tight security set-up at home because my husband is an IT geek... Firewall, Ad-blocker, parental controls etc. Which one do I need to disable?

3 REPLIES 3

Ohkawa
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hi, Jutta

Would you participated from an iPhone or Android device?
If you are, it seems that you may or may not be able to poll depending on whether or not your host is participating from a desktop client.
Please see the following URL

Polling for meetings – Zoom Help Center

Ohkawa_0-1632646767473.png

LuigiTraining
Listener

Prerequisites

• Host user type must be Licensed
  • Zoom desktop client for Windows, macOS, or Linux, version 5.4.7 or higher; or Zoom web client 
  • The meeting must be either a scheduled meeting, or an instant meeting using your Personal Meeting ID

Limitations

• Participants on the iOS or Android mobile app can use polling, but hosts need to be using the desktop client to manage polling.
  • Only the original meeting host can edit or add polls during a meeting. If the host or co-host role is transferred to another user, that user will only be able to launch polls already created. 
  • You can create a max of 25 polls for a single meeting, with each poll having a max of 10 questions. 
  • If a poll is relaunched in a meeting, the poll report will only display the last poll occurrence. If you know you will need to launch the same poll twice and want both sets of data, consider creating a second poll with the same questions as the original to avoid re-launching. 
  • The meeting must be either a scheduled meeting, or an instant meeting using your Personal Meeting ID
  • Alternative host can't add or edit polls unless you click the setting for allow alternative hosts to add or edit polls.
LuigiTraining (from YouTube Italia)

Hi there,

I'm experiencing a similar problem: I can't even see the polls or the poll reports launched by the host. I'm a signed-in participant from a company account. Everyone else on our company accounts can see the polls and participate in them. I'm participating via desktop app on a Mac. Any advice?