cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't mute myself in zoom meetings

miles-windu
Listener

Has anyone had an issue where as the host, I can't mute certain participants in a zoom meeting? They can't manually mute themselves either.

The mute icon will display "muted" for a second or two and then come off of mute. 

This has happened several times over the last couple of months 🤔

4 REPLIES 4

miles-windu
Listener

I did more troubleshooting with the user having the issue. Originally the user was using a Poly BT600 Headset. When I had the user switch to phone audio the mute/unmute functioned as normal. 

I also had the user switch to the internal microphone and the mute/unmute functioned as normal. 

I finally switched back to the BT600 Headset and the functionality broke again. I had the user power off the headset and remove the wireless dongle for about a minute and then reconnect to no avail.

Suspecting that it has more to do with the Poly BT600. I will circle back and make sure the headset is on the proper firmware and do more testing. 

Jennife
Attendee | Zoom Employee
Attendee | Zoom Employee

Jenniferwuwu_0-1637638127143.png

try to uncheck this setting and test it again

velumalai3
Listener

When I had the same issue, I fixed it by simply powering off the headset (base) and reconnecting the power back. Mute function started working after the restart.

I had the same issue, power cycling the base resolved the problem