cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't hear shared screen audio

austinkurniawan
Listener

Hi! My zoom has been perfectly fine until a few days ago. I was in a lecture when i decided to play some music from spotify while the prof was screen sharing a video. But then the spotify sound was so muffled, which has never happened before. Then suddenly the spotify sound went perfectly normal but then till this day i can't hear anything when someone's screen sharing. I can hear perfectly fine if they're talking through their mics but i can't hear anything from the screen shared. I've been looking everywhere for help so please help me with this.. and no, there's no problem with my laptop speaker as it still does the same thing even when i connect to bluetooth speaker or headphones. i tried reinstalling and restarting but still no use..

15 REPLIES 15

SachinduChamika
Participant

@austinkurniawan 

Check whether you have shared computer audio

If this helps answer your question then accept this as a solution.

Sachindu Chamika

I am having the same issue.  I have checked the "Sound Share" box in the lower left hand of the share screen.  People can hear me talking through my mic, but not the music when I play it from YouTube.

HolmPC
Listener

I know this is a few months old but I have just spent some time dealing with this issue for a customer, and wanted to share the solution that worked in my case. The problem turned out to be to do with the Realtek audio device driver.

Open device manager and Open up "Sound, video and game controllers" and right click on the Realtek item underneath and choose uninstall. If you see a tickbox that says to uninstall device drivers, check it. Then click uninstall, and reboot. Windows will reinstall the audio device, and in my case this completely fixed the problem.

Thanks for this tip. It works, but it's temporary. As soon as there is a Windows update, the problem returns and then I need to do this fix again. At least there is a solution, but I'd prefer it was not recurring. Louise.

jjanvier
Listener

2 years using zoom no problems with screen share. Just since a month ago suddenly no sound when share the screen.

On the latest version, windows 10 pro. no changes have been made to the system. Zoom please fix for us

What make is the laptop? I have solved problems with Asus machines with settings in the MyAsus software.

I aloo have this issue. I have a Dell. As I mentioned above, the solution you provided works, but I need to do it again following Windows update. Louise.

I have this problem with my new Asus, how did you fix please?

On an Asus, go into the MyAsus software. In the settings there you will find one to do with microphone noise cancellation. Turn that off.

Roslin16
Listener

We're in 2023 now and I have just recently had this issue with a new Dell computer and cannot hear audio played by a friend.  Is this still an issue for others?

Yes, I had this problem too. I bought my Acer 3 this year and found out I couldn't hear the sound if anyone shares their screen/audio. I have almost gone crazy trying to figure out how to fix this, because my audio in general works - I can hear others in Zoom and my mic works fine too.

So to me helped the driver uninstall and reboot as HolmPC adviced ("Open device manager and Open up "Sound, video and game controllers" and right click on the Realtek item underneath and choose uninstall. If you see a tickbox that says to uninstall device drivers, check it. Then click uninstall, and reboot. Windows will reinstall the audio device, and in my case this completely fixed the problem.")

BUT I also had to uninstall "USB audio device" and "AMD High Definition Audio Device" too under the same "Sound, video and game controllers" and then restart my laptop. I use USB device for headsets because my laptop doesn't recognize my headset's microphone as it detect my headsets as headphones when plugged in directly.

Uninstalling these 3 drivers and restarting helps and I can hear shared screen audio, but when I turn off my computer and turn it on and sign in to Zoom again, the audio is not playing again, so I need to do the drivers unistalling and rebooting right everytime before I do a Zoom call. Seems like the drivers roll back themselves everytime I turn my computer off. I have no clue why or if this is the case. It is very annoying though, but at least I know how to fix this everytime I need to make a Zoom call. 
If anyone finds out solution for this issue, it would be much appreciated.

willjoe2442
Participant

Select the program or desktop you wish to share. Select Share Sound in the bottom-left corner of the share selection window. (Optional) Select the down arrow just to the right of the Share Sound option to view audio options and switch between Mono and Stereo (high fidelity) audio options.

Regards,

Wll

lotuslifecare
Listener

same problem for me as well.

ErinP
Listener

Yes!!!  Needing help here too.  I've been teaching online using zoom for several years now so PLEASE don't suggest that the issue is the "Share sound" button (massive eyeroll).  Videos that I've shared for years suddenly have no audio this week.  I've tried all the suggestions and finally paid someone in IT to come and fix the problem ... and it worked until the next day.  Now it seems that videos from a website can be heard by my class but nothing from YouTube.  Does anybody have ANY idea on how to fix this??  The issue still seems to be zoom related but specific to my computer because other people in the same zoom call can share YouTube or other videos and we all have audio...  

Gen3
Listener

Hi  everyone

I used this fix- my problem was Asus based.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xj_FuIsJD3o