What's New at Zoom? Join our upcoming webinar to get you a first-hand look into some of our exciting new product and feature releases.

Register Now
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't hear piano

JMS
Listener

I teach piano lessons and we've had to move online. 

I can't hear my students when they're playing.  I can hear them perfectly when they are speaking.  This has just recently stopped working (mid December 2021) 

I am using version 5.9.1.  I have encouraged all my students to keep Zoom up to date. 

Original sound is enabled for both me and my students and also high fidelity music mode selected. 

I can only hear the first 10 seconds of them playing piano, and then it cuts out. 

Please help! 

4 REPLIES 4

pvymet1
Listener

Did you try that your students share only audio? then you should hear them very well. You can find it under share - advanced - computer audio only

JMS
Listener

I fixed the problem - it didn't have anything to do with Zoom or any Zoom settings.  It was the NVidia Broadcast suite that was re-enabled with an update.  

Hello, I'm a piano teacher with the same issue. I'm on Windows/Dell XPS 15 computer with an Nvidia graphics card. Could you give some detail about which settings you adjusted that fixed the issue? Thank you!

I opened the Nvidia broadcast suite (on computer not in zoom) and turned it off as the default mic/speaker