cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't hear piano

JMS
Listener

I teach piano lessons and we've had to move online. 

I can't hear my students when they're playing.  I can hear them perfectly when they are speaking.  This has just recently stopped working (mid December 2021) 

I am using version 5.9.1.  I have encouraged all my students to keep Zoom up to date. 

Original sound is enabled for both me and my students and also high fidelity music mode selected. 

I can only hear the first 10 seconds of them playing piano, and then it cuts out. 

Please help! 

9 REPLIES 9

pvymet1
Listener

Did you try that your students share only audio? then you should hear them very well. You can find it under share - advanced - computer audio only

JMS
Listener

I fixed the problem - it didn't have anything to do with Zoom or any Zoom settings.  It was the NVidia Broadcast suite that was re-enabled with an update.  

Hello, I'm a piano teacher with the same issue. I'm on Windows/Dell XPS 15 computer with an Nvidia graphics card. Could you give some detail about which settings you adjusted that fixed the issue? Thank you!

I opened the Nvidia broadcast suite (on computer not in zoom) and turned it off as the default mic/speaker 

JDD
Listener

I've just had similar problems after changing to a new Dell PC, uploading the latest version of Zoom and selecting the music settings with Original Sound enabled.  I have now discovered that although I had set things up correctly for my webcam mic for playing music live, there was a Windows default setting in the Zoom settings overriding Original Sound.  This can be found by selecting Video settings from the Zoom bottom bar, then select Audio then Advanced then in the Signal processing by Windows audio device drivers box select "Off (Windows - Raw)". 

Anni3
Listener

Hi

jayme_from_ca
Listener

I have taken guitar lessons on Zoom for three years, but suddenly last week my teacher couldn't hear my guitar, although she could hear me speaking fine.  I was able to fix it by going to settings--> audio.  I still chose "Zoom optimized audio", but changed the background noise suppression from "auto" to "low".  Zoom must have a bug in their automatic noise suppression software.

Elias_elplateno
Listener

Can you teach my son we have been trying to find a place there’s not a lot of places so we dictate to go online and found you

Shahseo
Listener

Check Zoom settings (you & students): Enable "Original Sound" & "High Fidelity Music Mode" for clear audio.

Student mic check: Ensure their mic input isn't too low and test in Zoom settings.

Internet check: Unstable connections can cause audio dropouts.

Zoom version (maybe): Check forums for compatibility issues with version 5.9.1.

Temporary fix (if desperate): Use phone calls alongside Zoom to hear piano playing.