cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't find meeting saved chat

JDraper
Listener

I've looked in the usual places - local Documents>Zoom folder, online Recordings tab. My settings are correct. Any idea where my chat from last night went? It should have auto saved and I saved it myself twice.

3 REPLIES 3

jenncee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Saved in-meeting chats are saved to the same folder where local recordings are. Check your local recordings directory. Sign in to the Zoom app on your computer that you used during the meeting, go to Settings, then click Recording. You should see the Local Recording section, store my recordings at: followed by a field where the path is specified.  Then open that directory and look for the folder that has the date of the meeting. 

JDraper
Listener

Thanks! I've looked in all those places and the chat is not there. Now I'm finding that I can't save recordings to my local computer either.

PSIG-DPL
Listener

Same issue for me today. Never have had an issue, the chat automatically is saved. Until today! I have tried everything! I used the web browser, not my local app. I always use the web browser! THERE IS A SOMETHING WRONG!