cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't delete my profile picture

VeniceKing
Listener

I want zoom to display just my initials, like when you have no profile picture, but every time I got to the web settings and delete my profile picture, it keeps re-appearing in the next logon (it uses my Gmail account picture).

How can I prevent that?

17 REPLIES 17

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

Hey, @VeniceKing,

Making changes to profile pictures and display names during a meeting using the Settings Profile option only makes a temporary change. 

To make a persistent/permanent (until you change it again!) change, go to your profile in the web:

https://zoom.us/profile 

Tap on the profile picture and click the Delete button. 

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

Hi Ray. I do exactly that, I delete my profile picture but it keeps using the picture I have in my Google account.

There is no delete button when I try to delete my profile photo in my Zoom profile.  It only allows me to change the picture. Any suggestions?

Ray_Harwood

Hi, @Randel,

Here's my “change profile picture” viewer on the web interface:

Ray_Harwood_0-1665326789516.jpeg

There’s a Delete button there. If you’re trying elsewhere – try here.  If you are trying here and not seeing the Delete button, perhaps you’re using your Google profile – Zoom always pulls the Google profile picture in that case. 

To get to this window, log into https://zoom.us/profile and click Edit near your profile info, then click on your profile image. 

Thank you for your prompt reply.  This is what I get:

Randel_0-1665327204935.png

Ray_Harwood

Looks to me like you don’t have a picture set. After you signing in with email address and password, or Google, or something else?

Maybe find a generic picture and try uploading that to see if it changes. 

Hi Ray:

This is what I get when I am logged into a Zoom meeting.  I want to delete the picture and resort to black with my name (default?). As you can see there is no option to delete. "Change Picture" goes to my documents file containing my pictures.  BTY, I am running iOS Catalina Mac).

Regards;

Randel

Randel_1-1665586369774.png

Ray_Harwood

You must have missed the first step in my post above: ON THE WEB INTERFACE.

Log in at https://zoom.us.  Then go back to my post from 10/09 and follow those steps.

You can't delete your profile picture during the meeting.

I sign in directly through the Zoom interface i.e. without using 

Google. I use the drop-down to enter the meeting ID and then enter the password.

Randel_0-1665596261808.png

Ray_Harwood

If you won't go to the zoom.us web site, you can't delete your profile image.  It can only be done there.  Go... just once.

1. Log in at https://zoom.us
  2. Click on Profile:
    Ray_Harwood_0-1665596605479.png
  3. Click on Edit to the right of your information:
    Ray_Harwood_2-1665596709217.png
  4. Hover over and click the pencil icon in the middle of your profile picture:
    Ray_Harwood_3-1665596774164.png
  5. Click the Delete button at the bottom:
    Ray_Harwood_4-1665596846285.png
  6. Confirm your request to delete it by clicking the Yes button:
    Ray_Harwood_5-1665596908076.png
  7. Your profile image should now look like this:
    Ray_Harwood_6-1665596959190.png

Only your Display Name will show when you are in a meeting with camera off.

This is the only way I know to delete it.  You must start by logging onto the Zoom web site.

I sign in directly through the Zoom interface i.e. without using 

Google. I use the drop-down to enter the meeting ID and then enter the password.

Randel_3-1665596614389.png

Ray_Harwood

Sorry, @VeniceKing, I’m assuming you’re signing into Zoom with Google?  I’ve never actually run into anyone that uses Google to sign in, and so my experience here is limited (non-existent is probably more accurate!).

While I can’t find anything in the Zoom Support articles that says this is the case – I’d have to assume that if you’re logging in via Google, Zoom uses that for your profile picture. I can’t find anything that would indicate you can change that – except perhaps changing your signin to an email address. 

Take a look at this Zoom Support article on changing email addresses, which also has some info on logging in via Google and other services:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362563-Changing-the-email-associated-with-your-account 

Most of the help you get from the Zoom Community is from volunteers like me.  If you’d like to investigate further, 
you can submit a Support Ticket directly to Zoom Staff at:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/requests/new 

VeniceKing
Listener

Yes, I use Google to sign in to Zoom. I'm going to try that, thanks.

FrancesYoung
Listener

We need a fix for this. Stop pulling in my Google icon. I even removed the Zoom permission on Google and it is still doing it.

bethatgryt
Listener

Has anyone found a fix for this?

I use Google to sign in to Zoom. I can log in and out of zoom.us in the browser and there are no issues with my profile pic changing. But if I somehow get signed up of the desktop app (v. 5.12.2 (9281)) and sign back in, my profile pic changes to my Google account image.

I have already gone into zoom.us/profile multiple times to delete and re-upload the photo I want to use for Zoom (which is different from my Google account profile pic) and it continues to do change.

This wasn't an issue until recently. I changed my Google profile pic about two weeks ago, but before that Zoom never used my Google pic.

Kajuun
Listener

By the way, this is still broken, over a year later (I avoid logging in to avoid this bug). 

If you use Google and have a picture on Google, you can temporarily delete it from Zoom, but if you EVER log back in to Zoom then your Google picture magically shows back up, and it shows up in all your meetings until you log in and delete it again while making sure to never log in again. (I speculate it is pulling it from Google, but I haven't tried changing my Google pic to see since I use a workaround, I never login again once deleted). 

cmariec
Listener

Yeah, mine's broken too. Zoom won't let me replace the pic in my own dxxn account, and I don't even use google to log on. It would be ok, but I can't get a picture to show at all now when my video is off. Just shows my name. I've given up.