cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't connect to meeting on WiFi

shekhardutta
Listener

I have a strange problem. When I'm connected to my WiFi and try to connect to a meeting / call someone, it just shows 'Connecting...' and after sometime fails to connect. However, if I'm using my mobile hotspot, everything works as usual. Once I'm connected to a meeting (using mobile data), I can switch back to WiFi and the meeting will go on as usual.

2 REPLIES 2

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @shekhardutta, If your app stays in a "connecting" mode or has timed out due to "Network error, please try again" or "Can't connect to our service, please check your network connection and try again" issues, it could be related to your network connection, network firewall settings, or web security gateway settings. You can look more into the KB article Network firewall or proxy server settings

If I remember the route on Windows to configure this is Open System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Firewall > Firewall Options. Click Add. Choose Zoom from the Applications folder and click Add. Ensure that the option next to the application is set to Allow incoming connections. Click OK. and retry.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

harriet
Listener

when joining meeting and I get to launch meeting and app just freezes there