cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Join Meetings

J-Rose
Listener

Hello everyone! I was wondering if anyone could help me with a problem I've been having with Zoom for a little while? Using the Zoom app on a Macbook Pro.

Basically, when my classes went remote this past Friday and I tried getting onto Zoom to join the meeting, an error popped up saying that I was unable to connect to the meeting. The exact wording of the error was as follows: "Check to make sure you're connected to a stable network that is not blocked by a firewall or proxy." A similar error would pop up when I tried signing in on the app, which reads as follows: "You are unable to connect to Zoom. Please check your network connection and try again." This happened multiple times, and eventually I knew I needed to contact Zoom to help fix this

I contacted Zoom support about this the same day, and was told that after we had failed to connect to my class meeting, that I would need to call my internet provider to whitelist some of the ports in order to connect to meetings (We had tried multiple solutions to try to connect me to the meeting, but everything failed, even uninstalling and reinstalling Zoom)  . Unfortunately, after calling them, support for my internet provider says that my network is not the problem and that it might be my Mac that was causing the issue. 

I contacted Apple yesterday and got similar results that I did with my internet provider, we couldn't get Zoom to connect to any meetings and now I have no idea what to do. I'll try to contact Zoom support again on my own and try again to make this work, but any and all advice is appreciated! I'll attach a few screenshots of the errors as well.

1 REPLY 1

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @J-Rose , thank you for your contribution and I'm sorry to hear that you've been having trouble connecting to Zoom. I do apologize for the delayed reply, I hope that you are no longer experiencing this issue, but I will still do my best to get you the answer you need. 

@yuan-stanley had a great reply and accepted solution to this issue in the post Re: Cant connect to Zoom 

Please review his accepted solution and let me know if that solves it for you! 

Zoom Communtiy Team

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?