cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Email Meeting Link

JasonMarkel
Listener

This is my 2nd post, trying a new area for help.

I am desperate to find a solution, if you can help  me please do!

I use Zoom as a paid subscribe via my iPhone 11 which is fully up to date.

About two weeks ago, when initiating new Zoom meetings, when I want to send the invitation via Gmail,  as soon as I create the meeting - the Blue Arrow/Send Button COMPLETELY DISAPPEARS. Gone. Just  vanishes.

I can't find anyone else experiencing this - or any help. I have deleted/re-installed the app and it continues to do this.

PLEASE HELP ME.

27 REPLIES 27

nancyc
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi JasonMarkel,

Apologies for the issues you are having.  I requested a Support ticket be opened on your behalf.   

Thank you,

Nancy

nancyc

JasonMarkel,

We have an open support ticket for you.  Case number 13171327.  Support will be reaching out to you.

Thank you,

Nancy

Thank you so much!

Joaz2080
Attendee | Zoom Employee
Attendee | Zoom Employee

Hello @JasonMarkel - We understand that there is a ticket open regarding this issue but wanted to make sure we are on the same page. What "Blue Arrow/Send button completely disappears? Are you referring to this?

Joaz2080_1-1641914965929.png

It looks like this, except that the circle turns blue when the email address is entered and about to be sent. This is what has been disappearing.

JasonMarkel
Listener

I hope this doesn't post twice. Not exactly, but close. When initiating a session on iPhone via Gmail there is a blue circle with an upwards pointing arrow inside it like where you have shown here the blue rectangle save button. That's what disappears.

Joaz2080
Attendee | Zoom Employee
Attendee | Zoom Employee

Hello @JasonMarkel - Thanks for the information. Judging from the screenshot, it seems you are sending an email. Can you add a user email here and let us know the outcome?

Joaz2080_0-1641925192237.png

As mentioned, this occurs when I send the invitation emails. When I enter the email address - the blue circle disappears.  I had to leave it blank in order to show what exactly was disappearing. Thanks!

Joaz2080
Attendee | Zoom Employee
Attendee | Zoom Employee

Hello @JasonMarkel - Unfortunately, I am unable to replicate the issue on my end. Will it be okay to provide us with a screen recording of the workflow since you are using an iPhone?

This is what happens when I enter an email address - note that the Send Icon has vanished.

Joaz2080
Attendee | Zoom Employee
Attendee | Zoom Employee

Hello @JasonMarkel - Thanks for the clarification. I am still unable to replicate the issue which I suspect is a google account issue. Want to make sure we are not missing anything here. Is this a personal device or a corporate device? Also, can you select "+" sign and add a user's email and let us know the outcome?

Joaz2080_0-1641926524650.png

Hi,

I video'd the process, but it can't send. I don't know how to convert a file and the message I get here is "The file type (.MP4) is not supported. Valid file types are: jpg, gif, png, pdf.

If this is a Google issue - how would I resolve this? This only began recently and I have been successfully emailing links this way since mid-2020. Thanks!

It is a personal device.

I can't add an email using the "+" sign as my phone number contacts do not contain the email addresses for my clients.

Joaz2080
Attendee | Zoom Employee
Attendee | Zoom Employee

Hello @JasonMarkel - I presume this is your workflow. Can you "From" then switch the email and let us know if there is any changes?
-> Start Instant Meeting
->  Click "Participant
-> Click "Invite"
-> Select "Send Email"

Hi @Joaz2080 

I don't understand what you mean when you say can you " 'From' then switch the email?" I don't know what you mean by that? The rest of it: start meeting, participants, invite, send email - is what I currently do, or did until it stopped working.

Joaz2080
Attendee | Zoom Employee
Attendee | Zoom Employee

Hello @JasonMarkel - My apologies for the confusion. I meant after selecting "invite", you should have "From" option in the email body. Check if you can switch the email from one to another?

@Joaz2080  ahh, thank you. Yes I can. It auto-populates as *********** (personal email) and I switch it to *********** (professional email) prior to sending off the invitation email.

Joaz2080
Attendee | Zoom Employee
Attendee | Zoom Employee

Hello @JasonMarkel - Did that work?

@Joaz2080unfortunately not. Switching senders was never a problem as it was part of what I have done since first using Zoom.

Joaz2080
Attendee | Zoom Employee
Attendee | Zoom Employee

Hello @JasonMarkel - Will have our Technical Engineer reach out to you shortly to set up a troubleshooting session to review this further.

@Joaz2080Hi Joel, Thank you for your help today. I thought our solution would fix the issue as it appeared to be fixed during our technical meeting. However, when I tried to implement the fix in real life/real time with a client I just had - it did not work. I won't be opening a new ticket and I will begin migrating from using Zoom on my phone to using it on my laptop. I am frustrated by this change, but I appreciate you and Kayode attempting to fix this issue. Thanks again.

Joaz2080
Attendee | Zoom Employee
Attendee | Zoom Employee

Hello @JasonMarkel - We are so sorry to hear that the issue persists. Please, let us know if there is anything else we can assist with setting up the laptop.

Cheers!

MKennedy
Listener

This has been my life for A YEAR and no one will help me. I cannot send via the app and cannot send a calendar invite and it is derailing my business.

Joaz2080
Attendee | Zoom Employee
Attendee | Zoom Employee

Hello @MKennedy - Sorry to hear about your ordeal. Will it be possible to open a support ticket and then provide the ticket # and will have one of our engineers schedule a meeting with you to debug this lingering issue?

tgoldesq
Listener

I have the same problem. Paid subscriber, iPhone 8, no "up blue arrow" to send the invite from mail app.  When you go to delete the invite, you get a grayed out up arrow, but cannot send. I have found a work around, but it is not by any means a good thing.  Instead of deleting I save it to draft, and then go to the draft folder in my email and send from there. ZOOM NEEDS TO FIX THIS. It is across email platforms!

You can copy paste the invitation text from your Zoom client and paste it in an email each time you schedule a meeting. We found this to be too cumbersome as we have multiple meetings each week and so we started using Salepager to send Zoom invitations by email directly to our clients.