cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can no longer connect to audio and I've tried everything!

Pianomommy
Listener

I know this has been discussed just recently and I have read all the threads but I can't figure this out. I suddenly started having a problem yesterday (Nov 3, 2022) with connecting to my audio. I get a statement saying "The meeting does not support dial in or Call Me to join. You cannot connect to the audio'. I have tried everything that people have graciously posted to someone else having this same issue. 

What could be the problem and why is this suddenly happening? I use Zoom to teach when students can not come in person but this poses a major problem. I tried signing in on another laptop and it won't work either. I had to use a complete different Zoom account which worked. Why doesn't my account work? 

3 REPLIES 3

anissat
Community Champion | Customer

Hello @Pianomommy  - I wish I could see your earlier posts and their responses...

1. What kind of device are you using: Apple or Windows computer/laptop? Tablet or mobile device?
  2. (If by computer) How are you connecting to Zoom: via browser, or desktop client/app?

It is possible for a few factors to be affecting your audio connection: what your device is currently recognizing as the default audio output (speaker, headphone, etc.) and if that component is activated; if other applications may be running, preventing your Zoom session from using the audio; if using the Zoom app, if it needs updating (or if your device needs operating system or new driver updates).

Let us know at your earliest convenience!

Anissa

Hope this helps! Make sure to press "Accept as Solution" on this post if this answers your question. Happy Zooming!
Anissa • Zoomologist • @anissat

I have the same problem: voices work fine, but I can’t hear my student play. My daughter, who was forced to update, now has the same problem, too. We are all using the app, and macbook laptops. I was on chat with support for nearly an hour, uninstalling and reinstalling the app, making sure it was the right one for the model/chipset of our macbooks, and nothing! Now what? I’m pretty sure the machine audio is working normally, as we can hear voice, so it must be the complex freq of the violin. Also, we tried with both “original sound for musicians” on and off; no difference. Any advice?

anissat

I'm wondering if Noise Suppression is an issue in both cases.

Have you clicked in the upper left corner on the "Original Sound for Musicians" to turn it on?

anissat_0-1670010406055.png

Curious to see if turning off the noise suppression fixes the issue. You can also fine-tune your audio settings: 

anissat_1-1670010633114.png

Let us know what your results are!

Hope this helps! Make sure to press "Accept as Solution" on this post if this answers your question. Happy Zooming!
Anissa • Zoomologist • @anissat