cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can a multiple group chat be created in a zoom meeting?

sara333
Listener

Hello! I am wondering if it is possible, and if so how, to create a group chat in a regular zoom meeting.

For example, we are going to have a zoom meeting with 10 people, but I need to be able to have a 3 person only chat going out of the group. I know you can chat to just one person, or to all, but can i chat to 2 people only at the same time? Is this something the host, or co-host can do? 

Thank you so much if anyone knows anything about this! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @sara333 

Unfortunately, its not currently possible to have a group chat within a meeting. Messages are either sent to all, or privately to just 1 other participant. 

Hope that helps and let me know if you have any further questions. Otherwise, make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Bort

Hi @sara333 

Unfortunately, its not currently possible to have a group chat within a meeting. Messages are either sent to all, or privately to just 1 other participant. 

Hope that helps and let me know if you have any further questions. Otherwise, make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

sara333
Listener

Thank you so much Bort, it is good to have the clarity on this.  Thank you so much!

ColinFine
Listener

I've been trying to work out whether Team Chat changes this, but it seems to me that Continuous Meeting Chat still has this restriction, so Team Chat doesn't make any difference. Is this the case?