cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can Pro account license(1-9) be shared within different countries?

utk2022
Listener

If the team is scattered around the world, can they host a meeting with pro account from 9 different countries?

5 REPLIES 5

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

Hi, @utk2022,

I think you’re asking if a Pro account’s licensed users can be located in different countries. I don’t see any reason that being in different countries would present any problem.

Hopefully you are not asking if people can share individual user accounts. This is not permitted by the Zoom Terms of Service. 

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

Hi Ray, I have a 1 license Pro Account. Can I set my wife to use it WITH HER OWN LOGIN EMAIL to use it while I do not use it?

Ray_Harwood

Hi, @alexzabala,

Basically, no.  While it is technically possible to “transfer ownership” of an account,  this is intended only for organizational ownership and management changes — and you’d likely find the process tedious in your situation. 

While the Zoom Terms of Service don’t allow sharing of accounts, I don’t think there’s a huge issue with a small family having an account, and both husband and wife using it.

But if you’re most often attending meetings – as opposed to scheduling your own – just create a Basic (free) account for each of you (the email address for these accounts would have to be different than the email in the Pro account), then your Basic login with your individual names and profile pictures for joining other meetings, and set the Pro account to be the “family common” account.

While this isn’t really a “Zoom-approved solution”, it could work for you if paying for a second Pro account isn’t feasible or warranted for you.  

alexzabala
Listener

Tks Ray. Probably the "family common email" would be the logical approach here. The problem with a Free account, as we all know, is that the call is cut after 40mins, which gives a poor professional image to the counterpart and even unfeasible in case of a psychological therapy session.

Ray_Harwood

Alex,

FYI, with a Basic account, you can attend meetings without time limit. The 40 minute limit is only for meetings scheduled by you. That’s why I recommended them for “attending only”.

Another small consideration is that the annual fee for a Pro account is 17% less than paying monthly – $149.90USD/year. Basically pay for 10 months up front, get 12 months of service, making it about $12.50USD per month. If that helps justify 2 Pro accounts, it might be worth considering, to avoid the hassle. 

Good luck! Glad to help. Reach out any time.