cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I Fix A Terrible Quality Recording?

NickiG
Listener

Hi,
I just recorded a live class (I'm a paying Zoom user) and the recording that was saved to the cloud is awful.  It's fuzzy and the audio/video is off.  First, why would this happen? (wifi is working and call went fine).  Second, is there any way to fix this so I can send it out in a viewable way to my clients?
Thanks for any help.

Nicki

1 REPLY 1

GreenMeeting_ca
Attendee

Now annoying, Nicki.

Fixing bad audio is part art, part science, and part luck. It can be a complete waste of time depending on how bad the audio is.

I'm a 'talking head' producer - in person and online -  and I tell my clients that sound is THE most important part of a talking head production. Without good sound, you do not have a talking head, you only have a head.

If it's one or two participants, the problem could be related to the microphone: the type, the location, the quality, etc. If it's all of the audio...then the problem is likely systemic and could be related to your settings.

That said, I may only be able to offer some comforting words and suggestions for avoiding a repeat of the unacceptable results.

Take a look at the new recording settings in your account to see what cloud recording options you've selected. That could be one issue.

I also go out of my way to use a wired connection when doing anything important with Zoom.

Hope some of that helps.

Cheers,
George
GreenMeeting.ca