cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera with slash

Tami
Listener

When in a meeting I have a square with a camera and a slash through the camera. How do I fix this so my meeting can see me and I can see myself? 

I have tried settings and chats to no avail.

Tami

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

vescamilla
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi Tami,

You may see this issue if you are using a Lenovo laptop. For more information, click here.

Hope this helps!

If this answers your question, please click "Accept solution". Thank you

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

vescamilla

Hi Tami,

You may see this issue if you are using a Lenovo laptop. For more information, click here.

Hope this helps!

If this answers your question, please click "Accept solution". Thank you

I have the same issue and I have an ASUS.

I have the same issue and my laptop is an HP.  I hope someone can help me, this is SO frustrating!!

carehart
Listener

I had this same problem, and it was easily solved once I connected the dotsI had turned OFF the camera using the option offered via my laptop keyboard.

On my Asus Zenbook, it was the f10 key (or if you have changed things so that function keys work like function keys rather than enabling/disabling features, use fn-f10, meaning press the fn key next to the space bar, hold it like a shift key, and press that f10).  Of course, for folks on other laptops (lenovo, acer, dell, etc.), you may find the camera key under a different function key, or it may be a key offered separately from function keys.

I was shocked that this suggestion was not offered either in that zoom technote offered here (and that I'd found before finding this community thread) nor is it offered in any of the MANY other resource I found on the web that proposed to "solve" this problem--some having people uninstall or reinstall drivers, software, etc. Sometimes, the simplest solution is indeed the best. We just might not think of it. But yep, sometimes the simple answer may not work, so more complicated ones may be required.

I do hope this answer may help someone. If you feel it does, please hit the like button here to help others know that. And Tami, if this is indeed the answer for you, if you could mark it as "the answer" that also may help others more readily see it.

If I could hug you in person I would!!!!  That was such a simple fix and I just spent hours trying to figure this out!!!! 

Why zoom support does not have this available as a fix is beyond me! 

Thank you so very much!!!! Oh, I have a new Asus Laptop! 

Great to hear, and glad to have helped. Wish we might hear if it helped @Bettie especially (also on an Asus), or @Tami . Either way, again, hope it may help others who find it in the future.

Thank you so much! I have an ASUS Vivobook and must have hit F10 recently. I had been dreading taking the laptop in for service but now there's no need.

Like CAW, I want to hug you too, Carehart. Thank you for helping us all.

Aw, thanks. 🙂 

I battled this problem for ages!

Now finally resolved at the press of a button!

Aren't you Angelic?

😍😍😍😍😍😍😍

Dave_M
Listener

I have a Dell laptop and Zoom was showing an icon of a video camera with a slash through it. It turns out that's what my laptop provides for its video feed when my camera shutter is closed! The camera shutter is a little shield that you can slide to cover up the camera, presumably for security reasons. Look for something that slides left and right close to the camera at the top of your laptop screen, maybe next to the camera or above it.