Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera stopped working!!! Lenovo Legion Y740

highlander723
Listener

Greetings

Laptop: Lenovo Legion y740

I've been using zoom for a while now and it's been great however recently after a zoom update my camera stopped working!!! At first I thought my camera had quit on me however the camera is working fine with other programs. I've even tried plugging in a USB webcam in place of the internal camera and it still does not work. I have tried uninstalling the zoom client and reinstalling and that has not helped. I have also tried uninstalling the camera drivers and reinstalling them. I have attempted to look for other programs that are using the camera simultaneously but there are none. I've even turned off my antivirus thinking maybe it was blocking the camera for some reason. I even turned off my adblocker thinking maybe it was causing a problem. All of these have not resulted in a solution to the problem I'm hoping somebody out there has a solution?

HELP HELP HELP HELP

Highlander723 

4 REPLIES 4

saluda
Listener

I am having a similar issue which just recently started. I can only see half of my face, and it is a distorted image. Others in the meeting see it as normal. The camera works fine with Google Meet.

tonyb1
Listener

I have a similar problem.   Laptop camera works with all applications except Zoom, despite reinstalling camera and Zoom.   Problem just started last month, in August.   Various Help Desks were unable to resolve.   Ugh! 

gnishnianidze
Listener

Hello 

The same problem here

on my Lenovo laptop with the latest update camera stopped working.

the only solution was to go back to an older version of the zoom

Rupert
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer