cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera not working while on Zoom

Dougkennedy
Listener

Camera not showing my face however, my background shows up and the light on my laptop is lit like the camera is on but my face doesn't show. I've uninstalled and re-installed twice. Nothing seems to work. It was working fine for several months but not now. My settings show that my camera has access.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

J-Zoom-ATL
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

@Dougkennedy 

The issue is most likely in regards to your camera driver on your machine. Please try reinstalling the video driver and test the camera in Zoom again.
Here is a link to a Microsoft support article on how to do this on your machine (assuming windows): https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/update-drivers-in-windows-ec62f46c-ff14-c91d-eead-d7126d...

If the above doesn't work, you will want to visit the manufacturer's website for your camera for the right driver, or if it's a laptop you will want to visit the manufacturers website for your device. 
You can follow the Microsoft link above for uninstalling the driver, and then use a newly downloaded driver from your manufacturer to reinstall before restarting. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

J-Zoom-ATL

@Dougkennedy 

The issue is most likely in regards to your camera driver on your machine. Please try reinstalling the video driver and test the camera in Zoom again.
Here is a link to a Microsoft support article on how to do this on your machine (assuming windows): https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/update-drivers-in-windows-ec62f46c-ff14-c91d-eead-d7126d...

If the above doesn't work, you will want to visit the manufacturer's website for your camera for the right driver, or if it's a laptop you will want to visit the manufacturers website for your device. 
You can follow the Microsoft link above for uninstalling the driver, and then use a newly downloaded driver from your manufacturer to reinstall before restarting. 

Thanks, I'll try that.

J-Zoom

Hey, uninstalling/reinstalling camera and drives worked. 

Thanks for your help!