cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera Upside Down and no volume

Fi
Listener

HI, I am new to Zoom and have a meeting tonight. I did a test run signing in today and noticed that the video/camera has me showing upside down and there is no volume even though it is unmuted?

Zoom help said to click on Profile photo at top right hand of page and select settings, when I do this there is no option for settings??!!!

Can anyone kindly help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Chris, you have been a star!!! at least I know now the issue is with my laptop and not a Zoom issue.

YES, a new laptop is needed, I was sold a real duff!!! I'll try and do Zoom tonight on my mobile.

Thanks so much for your help, much appreciated : )

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20

ChrisO
Note Taker

Are you clicking on your profile pic in the APP on in the web portal?

Please remember to mark responses as accepted if they resolve your issue.
***Sometimes success is only achieved through many failures!***

HI Chris, not very clued up on computer terminology so bare with me. I am using a laptop I logged onto Zoom using Firefox and went to top right hand corner where it says profile and clicked on it, the only option it gave me was to sign out, there was no settings option? 

Ah, yeah you are using a browser-based version (web portal) versus the Zoom App, and the instructions they gave you were for the APP. Are you using the built in camera on your laptop or a USB camera?

I'm using camera on laptop

Sorry built in camera

ChrisO
Note Taker

Does your camera appear upside down in any other applications? Hangouts, Teams, the built-in camera App, etc.

Haven't got any applications that I'm aware of, how can I test this? 

Windows 10 has a built-in camera app you can simply search "camera" in the taskbar search area and it should appear. I would suggest that you start with making sure your Camera driver is up to date.

Right-click on the start menu.

Select "Device Manager" from the list

Find your "Integrated Camera" in the list of devices.

Right-click the camera and select "Update Driver"

In the pop-up window select "Search automatically for drivers"

I have checked and problem is with camera as upside down without using zoom, however I have already done what you suggest which is to update driver but says it is up to date. Can I download a free camera driver from somewhere, is that possible?

Has this issue just started recently or is has it always been a problem?

I don't know, as this is a 2nd hand laptop I bought about a year ago but haven't needed to use camera until today , so only just noticed I have a problem 

Can you provide the make and model of the laptop?

Asus X70E

It is quite an old model and runs on Windows Vista

Oof that may be the problem :). Ok, let's try doing a driver roll back to see if that fixes the issue.

Right-click on the start menu.

Select "Device Manager" from the list

Find your "Integrated Camera" in the list of devices.

Right-click on the camera and select "Properties"

In the properties dialog window select the "driver" tab

Then select "Rollback Driver"  and accept any prompts/warnings that may appear.

Hi, done as instructed found the Roll Back but it is greyed out and wont let me click on it

There is the option right above it that says Update Driver, I have done this already through a different means but think should give it a go again?

Ok, that means it has never been updated so there is no older driver to roll back to. If you go this site https://www.asusdriversdownload.com/asus-drivers/asus-x70e-notebook there are two different camera manufacturer drivers list for Windows Vista 32 bit. You can try install both, the one that does not match your camera will just error out during install and should not cause any issues. If this does not fix the problem I would suggest purchasing either a cheap USB camera to use or a new laptop (please go this route as Vista is no longer supported and severely vulnerable OS because of it).

Hi Chris, you have been a star!!! at least I know now the issue is with my laptop and not a Zoom issue.

YES, a new laptop is needed, I was sold a real duff!!! I'll try and do Zoom tonight on my mobile.

Thanks so much for your help, much appreciated : )

shivudubey1071
Listener

there is two distinct camera maker drivers list for Windows Vista 32 digit. You can attempt to introduce both, the one that doesn't match your camera will only blunder out during introduce and shouldn't create any issues. In the event that this doesn't fix the issue I would recommend buying either a modest USB camera to utilize or another PC (if it's not too much trouble, go this course as Vista is not generally upheld and seriously weak OS as a result of it).

Article Source - https://coverjunction.com/how-to-fix-a-power-surge-on-usb-port/