cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera Turns Off during Meetings I Host and Attend

Bonsai
Listener

My Acer Aspire Z24-880 and I have Windows 10 Installed.  I have attempted to use Zoom on this computer for a year and tried the troubleshooting suggestions that I found on the forums including - Uninstalling and reinstalling the latest Zoom App (completed again this week), lowering my camera Flicker from 60 to 50, and even tried using a Cannon Camera as another option unsuccessfully.  All cameras shut off after being in the meeting for a few minutes where I was visible.  The program acts as if I am choosing to turn off my video feed.   Once I click it back on it quickly turns off again.   I've logged out of meetings and back in, does not work.  I have no other apps that run during these meetings where camera is being used or updated etc.  I use my HP laptop and phone without a problem.  I would like to use my Acer as well.   Hoping I can get some assistance to figure this out.

7 REPLIES 7

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @Bonsai, can you please double-check for me the version you're currently running Zoom on? There was a video issue fixed in the latest release! 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

Bonsai
Listener

I downloaded this version from the Download Center yesterday  Version 5.13.5 (12053) (64-bit)  ....  I still had the issue.  If there is a more recent version can you guide me where to find it?

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

@Bonsai hmm, the latest version 5.13.5 (14826) should've resolved some camera wonkiness. Do you use hardware acceleration for (Windows) enabled on the Acer? Are you currently up-to-date with all Windows 10 releases as well? 

Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Hello - I did have the hardware acceleration enabled.  I am up to date on all releases for Windows.  Anticipating the hardware acceleration was another option to try, I disabled the function and restarted my computer then tried Zoom again.  After a short few minutes of the camera being on...I spoke, and a few seconds later the camera turned off.  I turn it back on, it turns back off.  I also tested the Zoom Video settings removing any advanced options as well.  Nothing worked and my video still turned off.  Any other suggestions for troubleshooting?  

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @aw04aw @Bonsai some security or anti-virus software will prevent Zoom from accessing the camera. Do you have any security or anti-virus software installed? If so, uninstall or disable them and try again. 

Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

aw04aw
Listener

My camera is doing the same thing. I will log into zoom for healthcare, and within 15 minutes the camera will shut off with audio working. I originally thought it was the camera on my computer so  purchased a USB version...same issue.  I have updated zoom, restarted the computer and attempted to follow suggestions online to no avail. Any suggestions that others have would be greatly appreciated. 

RichardGuldi
Listener

I am using Windows7 on an old laptop.   I can't find any option to use the camera.  The camera works in other apps. How can I turn on the camera for Zoom?