cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera Issues

BKKJ
Listener

I have a strange problem with my camera. I reformatted my computer and reinstalled Windows 10. I reinstalled the zoom app. When I use my camera on zoom, the picture appears not to be pointing at me and the image is too big and the resolution is poor. I can use the camera properly with every other programme and app on my computer - in face I took a picture using it for my Windows 10 profile. Oddly, if I use the same camera on my backup computer it wotks fine in zoom. I have reinstalled Zoom twice and checked that no other apps are sharing the camera. Any thoughts? Images@ FB, Zoom and Widnows 10.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

opbluelegend
Attendee

if that helped you please accept it as a solution

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

opbluelegend
Attendee
Why is my laptop camera fuzzy?

A poor Internet connection can result in a blurry or lagging image in video chat. If you are using a wireless connection, switching over to an Ethernet connection -- plugging directly into the router -- can improve your video quality as well.
or

Method 1: Try to run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

a. Press Windows key+X.
b. Click on Control Panel.
c. Click on Troubleshooting.
d. On the left pane, click on view all.
e. From the list, double click on Hardware and Devices.
f. Run the troubleshooter.

Method 2: I suggest you too try the below and check if it helps.

1. Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager.
2. In Device Manager, expand Imaging Devices and right click on the driver.
3. Click on Properties, click on Driver tab, click on Update Driver.

Method 3: Install all available Windows Updates, including Optional Updates; this might fix the issue. Refer to the following steps.

1. Press Windows key + X. Select Control Panel.
2. Click on Windows Update.
3. Click Check for Updates. After the scan is complete, click Review optional updates.
4. Click the check box next to the updates, then click Install updates.
5. If prompted, review the license agreement, then click I Accept.
6. Follow the onscreen instructions to download and install the updates.
7. If prompted, reboot your computer.

Also refer the link below:

How to customize camera options with a Windows Store device app
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/dn394065%28v=vs.85%29.aspx?f=255&MSPPError...

Camera app and webcams help
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-GB/windows-8/camera-app-faq

I hope this helps. Please let us know the results. Feel free to write us back for any further assistance with Windows, I’ll be glad to assist you.

I thought maybe windows was corrupted so I reinstalled - again! Still the same... So, I started playing with Advanced video settings. I changed the video rendering method to Direct3D9 and for some reason, my camera now works again. Complete mystery both the problem and the solution 🙂 Thanks all for your efforts though. 

opbluelegend
Attendee

if that helped you please accept it as a solution

devereux5000
Listener

Hi there.  I am new to this forum so might be posting in the wrong place so if so apologies.

I am having a similar problem. With Microsoft Teams my image is very clear and I am in the frame right in the centre. On Zoom however my image is not centred and the resolution is very poor and quite fuzzy. I will try the advice at this post and see if it improves.

How do I change the video to Direct3D9 please?

opbluelegend
Attendee

Click "Graphics" on the right. Click the drop-down next to "Graphics Hardware Level" and choose either DirectX 9, 10 or 11 mode. (Click "Accept" and restart the game to have it apply the change.)