cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera Black on Zoom only

jhade
Listener

Hello, my video is black and I cannot fix it. My built-in webcam was working completely fine with Zoom for 6 months or so, I did not change any settings and the camera does work fine as I tested it on google meetings. I have tried uninstalling zoom and reinstalling, rebooted, it did not help.  I am using Zoom Version: 5.12.9 (10650) on HP Elite Dragonfly Max Notebook PC  with Windows 10 Pro version 21H2.  This same issue is also happening on another laptop in the office, same type of computer but has Windows 11. Again, the camera works fine elsewhere but for some reason on Zoom it is black.

Please help me. Someone, anyone.

4 REPLIES 4

Jameswalter
Participant

Click Video Settings. In the settings window you'll see a preview of what your webcam can see. If you don't see a picture, make sure your webcam is connected. If it is connected, make sure the correct camera is selected.

This may help,
James

no it doesn't at all

jhade
Listener

Hi James, 

I tried that. There is no image in the preview mode. The camera is built into the laptop and it is the one that I have selected. I have confirmed this because before the other laptop started doing the same thing we pulled up the Zoom side by side in the office and it showed the same camera selected on both computers. When I use google meetings the image does show in preview mode and I can join with video. So I know the camera works and is selected as the default camera, there is no other camera to select.

I have the exact same problem on a Win10 64 bit processor based laptop computer by Microsoft, product # 00330-80000-00000-AA069. It worked until last march 2023 then boom, Zomm doesn't see the camera even if it is allowed to by the video cam settings on Win10

does anyone have a solution? Shall I use other videoconferencing?