cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cam is Zoomed in on Zoom through browser

Jeonah_Sho
Listener

Hello fellow Zoomers,

I have a rather perplexing problem - when I am on Zooms meeting through my browser (Google Chrome), my cam is zoomed in to approx 120% but it is not of my doing. I checked all my settings and it's all what it should be.  

Features of this Problem

- To be sure on where the problem is, I used another videoconf service on Chrome and the cam is as it should be, at 100%. So, the problem is not with the browser. Attached is a comparison between what my cam looks like on zoom vs other vconf service on the same browser taken at the same time. 

- Back on my Zoom meeting page, I looked at the console and an error was found - it says 

Page layout may be unexpected due to Quirks Mode
One or more documents in this page is in Quirks Mode, which will render the affected document(s) with quirks incompatible with the current HTML and CSS specifications.

Could this be the issue causing my cam to be zoomed in?

> If so, is it something I can fix? Or is it something Zoom has to fix?

> If not, what could be the issue and what can I do?

Any help would be much appreciated. I've been googling and trying all sorts of things for more than a week now to no avail. Thanks!

Tech  Specs

- Macbook Air 2018 on OS 12.5.1

- External USB Cam

- Google Chrome Browser (Version 105.0.5195.102 (Official Build) (x86_64))

8 REPLIES 8

OJMR_Architects
Listener

My guess is that you have zoomed in on the web site (the  Zoom one), using Ctrl-+, try if you can get back to 100% with hitting Ctrl-- (minus, I use the ones on the numeric keypad). Don't use Chrome when I can avoid it so I am not sure, but I think that Ctrl-0 (zero) will get you straight to a 100% view on all current browsers....

Thanks for the suggestion. However that’s not the cause of the problem. Chrome is already set to 100% but my cam is zoomed in 120%. 

Just to be clear, this is a page/site specific feature, not a global Chrome setting. Other pages/sites can be still at 100%, but a single (or a number of) page(s) can still be zoomed in or out on their own. I had that issue with a Mac client recently, who thought she had a virus. Turned out that at some point, she had (possibly unintentionally) zoomed her GMail page to 150%. Everything else was at 100%. And as she had opened up multiple emails in Gmail in Chrome in multiple tabs, with many tabs inbetween that were at a normal  100%, this made to a rather strange visual effect when browsing through the tabs.

Yes, I understand that. And yes, the specific page with Zoom on is already set to 100%. I've zoomed out till I turned blue and my cam is still not at its correct display size . 

Jameswalter
Participant

Start or join a meeting. Tap the Camera Control icon. Use the icons on the Camera Control popup to zoom and pan until the camera is in the position you need. Tap Done to return to the meeting controls.

I only use zoom on  chrome. I believe the camera control  feature is not available on browser, and only on Zoom client? Unless I’m missing something. 

lauralcee
Listener

@Jeonah_Sho wrote:

Hello fellow Zoomers,

I have a rather perplexing problem - when I am on Zooms meeting through my browser (Google Chrome), my cam is zoomed in to approx 120% but it is not of my doing. I checked all my settings and it's all what it should be.  

Features of this Problem

- To be sure on where the problem is, I used another videoconf service on Chrome and the cam is as it should be, at 100%. So, the problem is not with the browser. Attached is a comparison between what my cam looks like on zoom vs other vconf service on the same browser for slope unblocked taken at the same time. 

- Back on my Zoom meeting page, I looked at the console and an error was found - it says 

Page layout may be unexpected due to Quirks Mode
One or more documents in this page is in Quirks Mode, which will render the affected document(s) with quirks incompatible with the current HTML and CSS specifications.

Could this be the issue causing my cam to be zoomed in?

> If so, is it something I can fix? Or is it something Zoom has to fix?

> If not, what could be the issue and what can I do?

Any help would be much appreciated. I've been googling and trying all sorts of things for more than a week now to no avail. Thanks!

Tech  Specs

- Macbook Air 2018 on OS 12.5.1

- External USB Cam

- Google Chrome Browser (Version 105.0.5195.102 (Official Build) (x86_64))

Did you find solution. I also join my gaming class but all of sudden i went to 130% cam video. I didn't press any key on keyboard. But know i am finding solution on zoom and still not find. If you have please let me know.

No I have not, unfortunately