cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buying licences for users

Z-user
Listener

I´ve recently invited other accounts to be users under my owner account. Now I need to buy one of them a pro licence, but my own account plan doesn´t expire until the end of the month. How can I buy just one extra licence - Zoom asks me to upgrade the current plan and buy 2 licences, including the one I already have active.

I need to assign this new pro licence to a user and for it to be active as soon as possible, but Zoom follows my payment plan and tells me they'll charge me (and activate the licence, I guess) at the end of the month.

4 REPLIES 4

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

Hi, @Z-user,

I was looking for a definitive support article to point to, but I can’t find real documentation on this. I’ve done it several times, so speaking from experience. 

Go ahead and get the extra licenses you actually need (if you haven’t already done so). I believe Zoom will pro-rate the fee for the current month, and then it depends on whether you’re on monthly or annual billing. For monthly, they will line up the renewals with your monthly account schedule. For annual, I can’t remember whether they pro-rate for a year and then line up with your annual plan, or pro-rate for a month first and – yeah, I forget now exactly that worked!  But I do know that it seemed to handle things just the way I expected it to. 

If it does something unusual, contact Zoom Billing through the Support Ticket route here:

Support Ticket: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/requests/new 

I did find this, which has some of the information, but not exactly what I was looking for – hopefully it will help:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/207597883-Upgrading-your-account-and-add-ons 

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

Z-user
Listener

Thanks Ray,

A little further clarification - if my payment plan is set to renew on the 30th, for example, but on the 15th I add a new pro - licence to assign to a formerly basic linked account, which I need to be able to have activated immediately, can I count on it to be activated once I add it, or will it activate only at the end of the month when the payment cycle is renewed?

Ray_Harwood

It's been a while since I went through this... but I'm pretty sure this is what happens if you're adding something in the middle of the month.

I think the process you'll go through online will quote the full monthly price... but the invoice and charge to your account that day will be prorated through the end of the month.  At the beginning of the next month, your new license will be renewed along with everything else.

If you do annual billing for your licenses -- well, I can't remember, but it'll be something like prorated either this month or for the year.  There might be an option to select which.

Bottom line answer to your question: Yes, the license is immediately available for use... you just need to assign it to the user account.  See this web page for assistance:
https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/115004976063-Assigning-a-License 

Follow these steps taken from the article:

• Sign in to the Zoom web portal.
  • Click User Management, then Users.
  • Locate or search for the user who you want to assign a license. 
  • Click Edit at the end of the user row. This will open a window.
  • Choose the User Type to assign, selecting “Licensed”.
  • After choosing the User Type, use the drop down to select the license. There should be an indication that you have 1 available user license (or more if you purchased several). Click that.
  • (Optional) Assign add-ons by checking the boxes for the add-on. You will not likely have any add-ons, so skip this step.  But if you do, this is the place.
  • Click Save.

The license is now applied to the user and they can use it immediately.

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

uzolan
Listener

please how does a monthly user pay for another month in advance on zoom?