cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Built in Webcam flickering

DMB
Listener

I have this really bad flickering but only in Zoom. other web applications the picture is clear.  I have tried an external webcam with the same results. I've updated the drivers in Zoom.    Any body got a resolution for  this?

12 REPLIES 12

cunning114
Listener

I have the same issue. Any responses?

leekass
Listener

I have the same flickering and fading away problems, did you find any solutions for it? please share with me if you do.

MikeF1001
Listener

I have a logitech C925e web cam and running Windows 10 on a Thinkpad T420i computer.  Standard business configuration.  No special software or applications.  When I see the video image flicker, I can turn-off video for a few seconds and at times, this fixes the problem.  In other cases, it does not.  

Can Zoom tech support help? 

greatbooks
Listener

same here. The webcam works fine on other apps. It also worked fine when I tested it before the zoom meeting using the Zoom test function. As soon as the meeting started, the image of myself started flickering, with green stripes and images of the other participants. It distracted the others so much that I had to stop my video. Really annoying.

After an exhausting couple of weeks working with Logitech support, I gave up using my new Logitech C925e webcam and bought a new Logitech C615 HD webcam.  Unfortunately, the same image flicker issue is present with the C615 HD webcam, which occurs in Zoom, but not MS Teams or Google Meet.  

Noteworthy, I also have an older Microsoft LifeCam Cinema HD webcam that works fine with Zoom, MS-Teams and Google Meet.  

MikeF1001
Listener

This problem appears to be specific to Zoom, as it doesn't occur in Microsoft Teams or Google Meet or the Microsoft Camera application.  

MikeF1001
Listener

No.  I spent 4+ hours with Logitech tech support.  After double checking MS Windows and my BIOS was up-to-date, it was clear this is a Zoom issue that needs to be fixed.  

Luis050904
Listener

Me 2!

greatbooks
Listener

Hi

I was really frustrated with this but I updated my Zoom software to the latest version and it went away.

Good luck to you and everyone

MDMD
Listener

I have the same problem on MacOS with Logitech webcam. I downloaded the latest Zoom version and it did not solve the problem. No flickering on built-in FaceTime camera and none on Google Meet. It seems to be a problem of Zoom talking to Logitech. Thinking of buying a different brand of webcam.

MDMD
Listener

The only thing that solved my external Webcam flickering on Zoom was to turn on HD. Problem solved, but only on HD setting. 

MDMD
Listener

The only thing that solved my external webcam flickering on Zoom was to turn on HD. Problem solved, but only on HD setting.