cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buffering pauses during meetings.

BufferingPauses
Listener

Have Zoom basic and downloaded latest update (earlier ones do the same). Have T-Mobil Home Internet through cell tower, and wireless from modem to my computer. When in Zoom meeting today with 41 participants (same happens often in other meetings with more than 3),  experienced  several breaks/pauses/buffering episodes during the first hour (12-1pm Eastern),  about 10-15 seconds long with missed dialog. During last hour of meeting, had no lapses. Did speed test when it was occurring. 30MbPS download, and 11 upload. Have worked with T-Mobile several times and they can find no problems and have no resolutions. We stream television through the same wireless connection, and have very, very few buffering lapses, mainly only during bad storms. Can you suggest any resolutions to this problem?  An aside: T-Mobile main servers are in the Detroit, Michigan area, about 300 or so miles away.

1 REPLY 1

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @BufferingPauses, welcome to the Zoom Community!

I'm sorry to hear that you're running into this issue.
If you already have the latest version of Zoom App, please try turning off the hardware acceleration from the client settings. Go to Settings - Video - Advanced - Turn off hardware acceleration.

CarlaA_0-1643133199193.png

If the issue is still happening, please do a clean uninstall.
Please run the CleanZoom application in the attachments, and then restart your computer when it's finished. Once done restarting please visit this link https://zoom.us/support/download this will automatically download the newest version for you. Please install this version once downloaded.

I hope this helps!

Zoom Community Team

Please click Accept as Solution if you found this helpful.

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?