cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Browser participants can't join Breakout rooms

HeikkiKurkinen
Listener

Hi, has anyone this problem? We have now two cases today where participants using web browser can't join Breakout rooms. We had this problem about a year ago but since then everything has worked fine. Until today. Any idea what has happened?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ValoreD
Listener

Dear users, I'd like to share what the root cause was in my case.

It depends on the Communications Content Storage Location (https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360050781131)
We had it set to Germany and we had the issue. As soon as I set it to United States the issue disappeared. This is applicable irrespective of the fact we are recording the meeting or not: if we move browser users to break-out room and the Communications Content Storage Location is set to Germany we have the issue. Zoom engineering is working to fix it but meanwhile just changing to USA avoided the issue.

Hope this helps you as well!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

ValoreD
Listener

I have experienced the exact same issue since yesterday

ksmith
Listener

Experiencing the same issue all of this week. 

Stella1
Listener

Having this issue for over a week now

ValoreD
Listener

Dear users, I'd like to share what the root cause was in my case.

It depends on the Communications Content Storage Location (https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360050781131)
We had it set to Germany and we had the issue. As soon as I set it to United States the issue disappeared. This is applicable irrespective of the fact we are recording the meeting or not: if we move browser users to break-out room and the Communications Content Storage Location is set to Germany we have the issue. Zoom engineering is working to fix it but meanwhile just changing to USA avoided the issue.

Hope this helps you as well!

elSlc
Listener

This actually helped also with our Zoom tenant. Thank you. However this is something that needs to be considered if doing cloud recordings...

Annna
Listener

Today the people in some breakout rooms could not hear each other. What can I do to fix this?