cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadcasting

Westbank
Listener

I schedule Zoom classes for the senior population in my city. I seniors that view classes on Zoom, and I have seniors that have no Internet so they physically come to my facility to view these classes. My problem is when I attempt to log in Zoom in my facility for my students to view theses classes as participants, and the host of these classes are is in their home. I'm shown as the teacher, and if you know the population I’m dealing with it cause confusion with this generation in the classrooms. What am I doing incorrectly? And please advise what I need to do to correct my error. Please be specific I’m a senior as well. 

1 REPLY 1

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hey, @Westbank,

I'm a little confused.  Who is the teacher?  I'm assuming you'd like that person to show up on screen "full screen" for everyone at home, yes?

The "Spotlight" should make this happen for you.  There are two ways to accomplish this:

1. Locate the camera video of the person you want to Spotlight.  Right-click on that video to bring up the pop-up menu.  Locate "Spotlight" in the menu, and click it.
  2. Open up the Participants window.  Locate the name of the person who should be the teacher. Hover over the name and see the ellipsis menu ... and click that to show a pop-up menu which also has "Spotlight" in it.  Click that.

Once one person is Spotlighted, everyone's screens should fill with that person's camera video.

Try that out -- perhaps in a practice session beforehand if you can.  If you're still not getting the right person in the right place, come back here and we'll chat some more.

Bless you for helping us older folks stay in shape!

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !