cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Breakout rooms

Brittany1
Listener

Is it possible to record breakout room sessions in the cloud? Or does it have to be the local recording session

4 REPLIES 4

StefanScherbik
Participant

I do not believe so.  I always instruct users to assign co-hosts to each breakout room, and then the co-hosts can make local recordings in each breakout.

Hope I'm wrong--hopefully someone else knows a way.

eghio00
Listener

I believe that Cloud recordings of Zoom meetings can be initiated only in the main room, and will continue as long as the host stays in the main room

Jrodgers
Listener

I need to get a definitive answer here because we're about to run an oral exam with four breakout rooms, one candidate and examiners in each room. The Zoom website (https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/206476313-Managing-breakout-rooms) says:

If the meeting is being cloud recorded, it will only record the main room, regardless of what room the meeting host is in. If local recording is being used, it will record the room the participant who is recording is in. Multiple participants can record locally.

I have a single-user account (although I could temporarily increase the capacity if needed). Can I make three other people co-hosts and have them each record their breakout room locally?

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @Jrodgers 

It is true that cloud recordings cannot be initiated from within a breakout room, only local recordings can be done from within breakout rooms. 

As for the co-hosts and recording locally, you don't need to increase your account or capacity, as you can just allow each of them to record in the meeting, move them into their breakout room, and they can begin to record. Just make sure they are each joined through the desktop client, as they cannot locally record from the web client or mobile app. 

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.