cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Breakout rooms stopped working last week

oseppanen
Listener

Hi,

I have been using Zoom for teaching and I appreciate the new feature of students being able to choose their rooms. It saves me a lot of trouble.

Last week on Tuesday, November 23rd, everything worked still perfectly.

Then I ran another session on Thursday, November 25th with exactly the same settings and links. I was able to create the breakout rooms but there was only one person who was able to join it!

On Friday, the 26th I joined a Zoom hosted by another university and they had exactly the same problem - no one was able to join rooms.

Today on MOnday the 29th, I tried again and got the same result.

Is this some version discrepancy or is something broken? As said, I am using exactly the same settings as before but it suddenly stopped working for everyone. I hope someone can help before tomorrow's session.

REgards,

Olli Seppänen

Aalto University.

Olli

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

The problem seems to be fixed and it worked properly today.

Regards,

Olli

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

lsuhonen
Listener

Dear Olli,

If you find a solution to this, could you post it here. I have had the same issue since last Wednesday and it causes major issues with my seminars. I have the same issue with my Lund University and Linköping University employee accounts and I have tried both my work computer and my personal computer and the issue is still there.

Like you, I have used the same meeting for my courses and I haven't changed any settings.

When I open the meeting rooms, the students get invited to them but are not able to join.

// Lari

The problem seems to be fixed and it worked properly today.

Regards,

Olli