cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Breakout rooms: Can a breakout room have it's own host, and waiting room,

Ltimms
Listener

Can a breakout room have the following features (preassigned would be best)

1) it's own waiting room 

- I have a large group of people that need to meet with different individuals, one at a time, during a specific time frame and want to be sure they don't all join a breakout room at the same time in order to maintain confidentiality

2)When I start the meeting can people automatically go into the breakout room instead of my zoom room if they are preassigned to a breakout room.

3) can a breakout room have it's own host that can manage it's own waiting room (if a breakout room can have its own waiting room)

1 REPLY 1

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @Ltimms 

Unfortunately, I've got the same answer for you for all 3 questions: 

1. No, the waiting room feature is only available for entries into the main meeting session. 
  2. No, users must join the main session before they can be assigned and sent to a breakout room. 
  3. No, not possible. The overall meeting can only have 1 host. 

Sounds like you should have more meetings scheduled for each individual needing to meet with clients, rather than putting them inside of numerous breakouts within a meeting. They would be able to control their own Waiting Room to allow in the next client as needed, while keeping those in the WR unaware of who else is waiting. 

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.