cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Break out rooms

TNgirl21
Listener

Hello!

I am running a zoom for about a hundred people that will have four breakout rooms. I would like to assign them automatically to make things easier but then I will have to get the moderators for each room into they room.

Will there be a way for me to search for The moderator's names once everybody has been sent to their rooms so I can get the correct moderators into each room?

6 REPLIES 6

ChrisO
Note Taker

If you are planning on assigning guests to specific rooms, why not auto-assign the moderator also? If you don't want to auto-assign them also for some reason, there should be a list of guests who are not in a room at the top of the breakout rooms menu once rooms are opened if I remember correctly.

Please remember to mark responses as accepted if they resolve your issue.
***Sometimes success is only achieved through many failures!***

Hi Chris! Well I was under the impression since I'm going to choose the automatically assign option that everyone will just be split evenly into the four rooms but that will include my moderators. So my question is what's the easiest way for me to find my moderators and put them in their right rooms? 

Should I tell the moderators to say no when they're asked if they want to join a room which will put them up in the stragglers for me to assign?

Pre Assign does not simply split people into even groups. You have to place people in rooms by the individual user, you make the rooms, and assignments when you scheduling the meeting. I was confusing pre-assign with the in meting option to auto assign.  Sorry!.

Oh no worries! But yeah if I choose "assign automatically" zoom help center is saying it lets the zoom split the participants up evenly into each of the rooms. So that's where my question came in. 

I'm thinking my best bet is just to tell my four moderators to not accept my invitation when it comes up on their screen and that way they'll be up in the stragglers.

You could try pre-assigning the moderators when scheduling and then auto-assign guests from in the meeting.

I was wondering if that would work?! I'll test try it! Thanks!