cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Boss gets an email every time I join a meeting

ariedana
Listener

We have a meeting that is used for our company every morning. Every time I join the meeting my boss gets an email. This doesn't happen with anyone else in the company. I have gone into Notifications and changed every setting back and forth but nothing stops it. It also happens when I am logged out of Zoom. This annoys my boss so I really need to find out how to fix this. Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

Hi, @ariedana,

Yep, we don't want to irritate our bosses!

Is this a meeting that he has scheduled?  I'm wondering if it's set up for "Join Before Host" and you're getting there before he does.  There is a setting that causes an email to be sent when someone joins a meeting before you -- as long as the Waiting Room is turned off.

This might not be it... but worth checking out.  Details about this are in this Zoom Support article:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362713-Emailing-hosts-when-attendees-join-first 

If that's NOT it, come back and let's dive into some details and find out what's causing them!

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Ray_Harwood

Hi, @ariedana,

Yep, we don't want to irritate our bosses!

Is this a meeting that he has scheduled?  I'm wondering if it's set up for "Join Before Host" and you're getting there before he does.  There is a setting that causes an email to be sent when someone joins a meeting before you -- as long as the Waiting Room is turned off.

This might not be it... but worth checking out.  Details about this are in this Zoom Support article:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362713-Emailing-hosts-when-attendees-join-first 

If that's NOT it, come back and let's dive into some details and find out what's causing them!

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

My boss found that setting and turned it off. Hopefully that will do the trick. I am almost always the first person in every meeting. Thanks so much!