cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blue Yeti microphone not working on MacOS Monterey

schulzrinne
Listener

Since I upgraded to MacOS Monterey (12.0.1), my Blue Yeti microphone is not working when I start Zoom (latest - 5.8.6). However, if I switch to another microphone, such as the system (built-in) microphone, and then back to the Blue Yeti, it works fine. This didn't happen prior to upgrading MacOS. Anybody else have the same issue?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

SeanTong
Listener | Zoom Employee
Listener | Zoom Employee

I have a Yeti X, it works great with zoom until I install Logitech G HUB(2022.2.9146),  it also has same issue with G HUB.

Open G HUB -> click Yeti -> back  -> click Yeti, Yeti disconnects from G HUB and keeps connecting in G HUB, I think it's an issue with logitech audio driver, then I try to uninstall G HUB, and remove all logitech audio driver, it works again.

Here my steps:

• Unistall G HUB, sometimes it says GUB is open when I remove it, so we have to force quit it from activity monitor app  
  • Remove the GHub plugin LogiGamingAudio.* from Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/HAL
  • Remove logi_audio_override.kext from Library/Extensions (and/or backup_logi_override.kext)
  • Restart Mac

Of course , you can use the command line to do that. Open Terminal and run:

sudo rm -rf "/Applications/Logitech G HUB.app/"
sudo rm -rf /Library/Extensions/logi_audio_override.kext
sudo rm -rf /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/HAL/LogiGamingAudio.*

Here is the ticket on yeti related the same issue maybe you can have a look

View solution in original post

ChoPraTs
Listener

I experienced the same problem. It seems related to the Logitech G-Hub driver for Blue Yeti microphones.

I removed that driver and now my Blue Yeti X microphone is using the integrated driver of macOS and it seems to work without issues. Of course, doing these, all the "Blue Voice" effects and other settings that Logitech's G-Hub app allowed will no longer work, but the microphone should still be usable in its basic functions including volume control or mode change with its physical buttons.

To remove the Logitech G-Hub driver you just need to remove the file "logi_audio_override.kext" from the folder library/extensions of your system hard drive (I just moved it to a folder in my Desktop to keep a backup of the file).

I also used this command in Terminal to remove all the drivers I deleted and I will no longer use (if I'm not wrong, I think this removes a folder that works as cache of drivers):

sudo kextcache --clear-staging

After reboot the system, the microphone should now use the built-in macOS driver with no problem.

For now, my Blue Yeti X microphone seems to work without problems with macOS Monterey 12.2.1. I will maintain Logitech G-Hub installed hoping that sooner or later they will release an update that corrects the problem and be able to use its advanced equalization and profile functions again.

View solution in original post

95 REPLIES 95

I'm still running into issues with this symptom - can you provide an update on the timing of the fix?

Aaron

Hello, do you know if they found the solution?

I still have the problem

MacOS Monterrey 12.2.1 and Zoom Version:5.9.6 (4993)

Thanks for your help

Gustavo

Hi, 

What was the issue? I'm having it, too. 

Thanks!

Any solution here? I just got loaded with the same issue 😕 

VA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

@Dudders_95 @reinerleal @MLAMATL @shmfb @lkogot 
Thank you all so much for bringing this to our attention and helping to troubleshoot! Our engineering team is currently researching and would appreciate more detailed information. Therefore, I have opened support tickets for members of this thread who do not already have them. Please watch out for an email from us with more information. Thanks again!

Virginia (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

I'm having the same issue too! Please add/create a support ticket for me too. Thank you!

I've also filed a ticket today #13435479 and referenced this thread. Happy to help provide more details as well.

Hi there,

Could you add me to the ticket? I have the same issues with my blue yeti and osx

aktien-akademie
Listener

Heyhey,

well I got a similar problem, but I think it's not the fault of zoom. The mic isn't found in Mac OS...

Greetings

thcs
Listener

I also have this issue, but now it seems to completely vanish from the sound input list, and only after restarting the mac you can use Yeti again. I will try the workaround and see how it goes while we wait for an update from the Zoom team.

NoshirC
Listener

I am also experiencing exactly the same set of issues. It is strangely comforting that so many others are as well. Misery loves company 😉 Looking forward to a quick resolution.

YaBoiB
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hello @NoshirC,

Are you using any USB device for your microphone other than the Yeti and the mac system microphone? We are starting to find some commonalities in the testing we have performed with other users experiencing this issue. Please know that many other Engineers at Zoom and I are not experiencing this issue, so we are taking on each instance as a one-off.  

Have you already submitted a Technical Support ticket for this issue? If not, could you please reference the link to this thread? 

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion

chrism22202
Listener

Is there any update to this? I'm having the same issue (web ticket has been filed), but it's a bit astounding that people have been complaining about this problem for so long with no resolution.

YaBoiB

Hello @chrism22202

We do not believe that this is solely a Zoom issue. It appears that the disconnection has something to do with multiple USB connections to the macOS Monterey. But, our team is working to help find a solution. Easily replicable issues are simple to resolve. Intermittent issues are sometimes more difficult. Especially when adding multiple vendors/hardware into the mix. I am dedicated to finding a solution for every user in this thread and have worked with many of them on this issue. 

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion

Just to back Brandon up here: 1) I switch between Mac, Windows, and Linux and have only run into this on Monterey. 2) Zoom has been very responsive (to me, anyway) , but it's a tricky issue to run down and recreate.

On the other issue: I never use it, but my external webcam (a Razer Kiyo) does have a microphone.

bmoss
Listener

I have this issue on Monterey with a brand new Blue Yeti X with the latest firmware. I have an older Blue Yeti with older firmware that does not have this issue. 

YaBoiB

Hello @bmoss,

We have enough data now that we feel good about solving this issue. Thank you to everyone who has assisted us with logging this case. We will provide an update as soon as this issue has a resolution. 

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion

Please open a support ticket for me as well so I can get notified when a fix is available.  I have this exact same problem after upgrading from Big Sur to Monterey last week.  Though, like someone else mentioned, I am not convinced this is just a Zoom problem.  My Yeti X also does not work in Google Voice web app macOS 12.1.

YaBoiB

Hello @Dr_J ,

Support tickets have not been required any longer for this issue. We have collected enough data at this point in our troubleshooting. The team here at Zoom will update you here when the solution is provided. Thank you for bringing your issue to our attention. 

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion

YaBoiB

Good Morning Team, 

I wanted to follow up here. Has anyone reached out to Yeti about this issue, and does anyone have any information on what they are stating might be the issue? I have not heard back from our team to date on this issue. Thanks

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion

I have reached out to Blue and Logitech about this exact issue. Unfortunately, Blue stopped responding to my support ticket, and I am still going through the process with Logitech. After almost two weeks of back-and-forth emails, the problem is still happening.

The issue described here occurs not just with Zoom but with all meeting programs that try to use the Yeti X. Sometimes, it will work fine for a little bit, then stop working or not be working at all. However, I can easily replicate the issue in the Mac OS System settings or G Hub by quickly changing audio inputs between another audio device and the Yeti X.

I noticed that when this glitch happens, the core audio drivers that govern the Yeti X (LogiGamingAudio.driver) crash and disappear from my activities monitor. It also causes my Logitech G Pro Wireless headset to disappear from the system input/output lists, which makes sense as the same core drivers control both.

For people that encounter this glitch and don't wish to restart their computer, you can try using the command

sudo launchctl kickstart -kp system/com.apple.audio.coreaudiod

in the Mac OS terminal, and it will reset your audio drivers and re-enable any of the dropped devices. Now, this does not resolve the issue with the Yeti X but only saves me from restarting my whole computer when the audio drivers crash.

I am not sure if that was helpful, but Zoom is my main web meeting program and figured maybe they could help somehow.

Could you link your G Hub ticket?

Link my G Hub ticket? Not sure what you mean by that.

YaBoiB

Hello, 

Can we ask that anyone experiencing this issue raise a support ticket with Yeti, please? Here is the link https://www.bluemic.com/en-us/yeti-support/

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion

YaBoiB

Hey Team on this thread, 

The Engineers working on this case with me have asked if you all would test something for us and provide feedback either here or on any support tickets that you are currently working with our Zoom Engineers. 

First, remove the Sherpa/G-Hub software using the following procedure:

Step 1: Uninstall Sherpa and G-Hub completely

Step 2: Remove the GHub plugin from Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/HAL

Step 3: Remove {logi_audio_override.kext} from Library/Extensions (and/or backup_logi_override.kext)

Start a Zoom Meeting and let us know if the behaviors have changed at all for this issue. Thank you all for your continued efforts to resolve this issue with the Yeti Blue microphone. 

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion

I had already performed steps 2 and 3 earlier. Removing backup_logi_override.kext (logi_audio_override.kext didn't exist) seems to make no difference - exactly the same behavior.

Jennife
Attendee | Zoom Employee
Attendee | Zoom Employee

I have a Yeti Blue X , Mac os 12.1

I tested many many many Zoom meetings but just could not recreate the issue. 

Am I missing some key points?

I could not complete steps 2 and 3 because those files don't exist. I have removed the ghub software and will post an update with the results after I attend a meeting or two. 

ST22
Listener

Looks working as expected with Logitech G Hub 2022.2.9146.

I'm still seeing the issue on 2022.2.9416. Did you uninstall g hub and reinstall or just do the upgrade? I did the upgrade and same behavior. When I start a Zoom call and the System Preferences > Sound > Input is not running, the Yeti X will disappear from the list of sound devices in MacOS. If I have System Preferences > Sound > Input running the Yeti stays connected and can be used in Zoom.

I kept opening the sound app, and when I close it, Yeti went back to the previous behavior. So it's not fixed yet. Sorry for the confusion.

Jennife
Attendee | Zoom Employee
Attendee | Zoom Employee

In the past, I didn't install the  Logitech G Hub,  I think that's the reason why I didn't experience the issue.

Last week, I install this magic G Hub, and then I have the problem too...the Yeti X  disappear d from the list of sound devices in macOS.

Later uninstall it, the problem still remained. Finally, not only uninstall but also clear all files under the path, Yeti works again.

We prefer to consider it's Logitech problem.  Zoom team is also working on contacting the Logitech team, and if Logitech can't resolve the problem, Zoom will try to find a solution to cover the case.

SeanTong
Listener | Zoom Employee
Listener | Zoom Employee

I have a Yeti X, it works great with zoom until I install Logitech G HUB(2022.2.9146),  it also has same issue with G HUB.

Open G HUB -> click Yeti -> back  -> click Yeti, Yeti disconnects from G HUB and keeps connecting in G HUB, I think it's an issue with logitech audio driver, then I try to uninstall G HUB, and remove all logitech audio driver, it works again.

Here my steps:

• Unistall G HUB, sometimes it says GUB is open when I remove it, so we have to force quit it from activity monitor app  
  • Remove the GHub plugin LogiGamingAudio.* from Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/HAL
  • Remove logi_audio_override.kext from Library/Extensions (and/or backup_logi_override.kext)
  • Restart Mac

Of course , you can use the command line to do that. Open Terminal and run:

sudo rm -rf "/Applications/Logitech G HUB.app/"
sudo rm -rf /Library/Extensions/logi_audio_override.kext
sudo rm -rf /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/HAL/LogiGamingAudio.*

Here is the ticket on yeti related the same issue maybe you can have a look

YaBoiB

Hello @SeanTong

Thank you for this. @all please let me know if the above information is helpful to you by clicking the accept as solution button. 

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion

This was the only proposed solution that's worked for me so far. I used the command line entries to remove the files and then restarted my laptop and now my Yeti X works on Zoom once more. Of course, it's only been a day so I can't say if it's a solid long-term solution. Also, not being able to use G-Hub means i'm not getting the full functionality of the microphone. Oh well, at least it's no longer a paper weight on my desk.

Same here.  What is interesting is that I attempted to navigate to the files as others have mentioned, they didn't exist.  I am assuming that they were hidden files and the command line actually deleted them.  Not sure.

Regardless, I restarted my machine and everything seems to be working as well.

FYI: Everything was working for me prior to installing Ghub.  So, this is a Logitech issue.

YaBoiB

Hello @Prich

Yes, we are viewing this as NOT a Zoom-related issue, but please know that we are still here to help if there is anything that we can do to support our wonderful Zoom customers through this issue. We are reaching out to vendors on behalf of our users. 

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion

So removing the G Hub software stopped the disconnection issues but the issue where the mic doesn't pick up any audio in Zoom is still there. I had the macOS Sound Settings open and the mic was picking up audio there but it was not picking up audio in Zoom. 

SeanTong
Listener | Zoom Employee
Listener | Zoom Employee

@osman- do you remove all logitech audio driver files and restart Mac? not only the G HUB. 

I didn't see the files in /Library the first time I looked, but I must have been looking in the wrong place. I've removed the files and restarted. Will follow up if I still have issues.