cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blocking a participant from seeing the Room. Can I stop someone from being able to see the room

ZoomGirl
Listener

I have a meeting that some participants turn their camera off.    The group wants all participants to be on video.  Can I still allow the user to be in the meeting for audio but somehow turn off their ability to see us?  I know I can turn off their video so they can't be seen but can it go the other way around?

5 REPLIES 5

ChrisO
Note Taker

You potentially kick them from the meeting and block them from rejoining, at which point you could pass along the dial-in number so they have to join by phone and do not get video. Or simply tell the users to dial in, to begin with if they do not wish to share video.

Please remember to mark responses as accepted if they resolve your issue.
***Sometimes success is only achieved through many failures!***

Some people say that it cost a lot to dial in.  Do you know anything about that?

Thank you

There are various numbers to call depending on your region. Maybe they are calling the wrong number based on their location....Not sure never actually used dial-in.

Thank you.  It is a helpful idea.  I do wish though there was a way to allow the person in on the Internet but block their permission to view (somehow blocking their camera).  Also, how do you know the difference between someone dialing in or someone using their phone application  to come in?  I guess if they use the phone app they will look just like any other user who is going through the internet?

Unsure. I am confused now though. I thought you didn't want people to see you if they weren't willing to be seen. Do you really want to be able to stop people from sharing video so no one has it on (this would be blocking their cameras)?