cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blackmagic Ultrastudio Mini Recorder

Geoh
Listener

Hello all:

I am new to the Community.  Thanks in advance for any help.

I have been using a Blackmagic Ultrastudio Mini Recorder to connect a Nikon D750 successfully with Zoom on a 2019 Intel MacBook Pro for over a year.  Current software is Monterey 12.1.  All was fine.  However, after updating to Zoom 5.9 and 5.9.1 I no longer have connectivity. Blackmagic Ultrastudio Mini Recorder still shows in the available cameras, but no longer has available video.  Only show a black screen. 

Has anyone had a similar issue and found a fix?

60 REPLIES 60

PabloF
Listener

Same issue here, please fix it ASAP.

krlancaster
Listener

I'm experiencing this as well. Very frustrating

bayej746
Listener

I am facing some very serious meeting recording issues as you can see here on the page kindly guide me about it I recently bought some new recorder and theproduct is very amazing just issue in the recording.

jmoretti
Listener

The latest release of Zoom, version: 5.9.6 (4993), on MacOS 12.2.1 on an Intel MBP is successfully working with my UltraStudio Recorder 3G driver version 12.2.2 using HDMI. 🎉

Still using a Blackmagic Recorder 3G for video SDI input at 23.976fps. It still works great under 5.8.6. I have tried it with Zoom 5.9.6 and I now get video, but the options to choose format and frame rate are still missing, and the video seems to come into zoom at 12 frames per second. I am running Catalina 10.15.7 on a 2019 16” MacBook Pro. My Blackmagic drivers are up to date (12.2.2). Are you getting the correct frame rate in zoom?

Unfortunately, I don't have an option to select the format for framerate either, but that is at least consistent with the other VC applications we use regularly.  

My experience after upgrading was that initially, the frame rate was very low, but at some point, Zoom appeared to adjust to a faster framerate automatically.

krlancaster
Listener

I can confirm as well, with Zoom 5.9.6 (4993) I have clear feed from a Blackmagic UltraStudio Recorder 3G (SDI in) on a 2021 MacBook Pro 16" M1Max

Hooray!

Are you getting the correct frame rate in Zoom? My SDI input of 1080psf @ 23.976 fps looks good in Blackmagic Studio Express, but it appears to be around 12 fps in Zoom. The options for choosing frame rate of the input are still missing since Zoom 5.8.6.

I don't see options for framerate, resolution, etc

I have correct fps though, at 24p

AntonM
Listener

All resolved with latest Zoom update...3 months it took but happy its all working again!

AntonM
Listener

All fixed, 3 months later, with latest release of Zoom.

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @Geoh @AntonM @fredfred27 @krlancaster @jmoretti and everyone else on the discussion.

Zoom client 5.9.6 is released, please try to update and see if you're still encountering your issue? Here is how to Upgrade Zoom to the latest version

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

Still using a Blackmagic Recorder 3G for SDI video input at 1080psf 23.976fps. It still works great under 5.8.6. I have tried it with Zoom 5.9.6 and I now get video, but the options to choose format and frame rate are still missing, and the video  comes into zoom but at what appears to be 12 frames per second. Someone above suggested that the frame rate would correct itself with time, but I let a meeting run 30 minutes and the frame rate did not correct. I am running Catalina 10.15.7 on a 2019 16” MacBook Pro. My Blackmagic drivers are up to date (12.2.2). The video looks perfect in Blackmagic Studio Express.

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @fredfred27 appreciate sharing your feedback after updating! Let me share this with our internal eng teams and see If I can get an update on next steps and the expected experience. Thanks! 

Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Thanks. If they need any other information from me on my setup, please feel free to ask.

All fixed now!! Great news but it did take Zoom 3 months to fix! Many thanks 

revgirrl
Listener

Hi All,

I've had a trouble ticket open for this since early January and I can now say that the latest update Version: 5.9.6 (4993) has solved the problem for me. And hopefully for all of you! Time to upgrade and check it out.

Happy zooming!

Melinda

StudioMatic
Listener

Unfortunately, I'm still having trouble with the UltraStudio Recorder 3G and Zoom 5.9.6. I'm running Mac OS 12.2.1 on an M1 Mac Mini. The Recorder 3G shows up as a source, but there is no video or audio, and Zoom will sometimes give me errors, saying the microphone won't work, or the video can't be started. Also, Zoom freezes up/beachballs.

Update: I changed my frame rate from 1080p30 to 1080p29.97, and suddenly everything is working. Go figure.

MidasLetter
Listener

I saw below that someone had mentioned changing the framerate of their camera to 29.7 fpm from 30. That didn’t work for me, but what did work, using a Panasonic GH5 into a BM Extreme Pro board was changing the camera settings to FHD 59.94 p, 420/8 bit/Long GOP, 100 mbps, LPCM. 

Been struggling with this issue for almost a year it seems and so a great relief to discover this simple setting fix. I would say that messing with the framerate and fomat settings on the camera would provide a solution in a majority of these cases.

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @Geoh it's been some time since you've posted this discussion and have some replies worth noting! Do any of the replies below help with your issue? If so, great! Just don't forget to click the, "Accept as solution" button. 

Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

I am having this same issue. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the latest zoom - no luck. I am using a BM Ultrastudio mini recorder and like everyone else - am getting the settings to show up but not the video feed. I have tried almost all of the settings - nothing is working for me. I even uninstalled and re-installed 5.8.4 which seemed to work for everyone and even that isn't working. All I am getting is a black screen. My feed is coming in fine in OBS. Any suggestions?