cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Black screen just of me during zoom meeting

Gladforgrace
Listener

I take part in a weekly zoom meeting hosted by another person.  The first meeting of the year was January 11th.  When I tuned in to the meeting, I could see everyone else, but my square was black.  They could not see me either. (The video was definitely turned on).  We could all hear each other, so I was able to participate, but it's not as nice as being able to see each other.  

After the meeting on the 11th, I looked up ideas of what could be wrong on the zoom website.  I have tried re-booting the computer and checked to make sure my computer camera is working (it is).  I do not think we have a security system running on the computer that could be blocking this.  

We actually hosted a (one time) zoom meeting on December 28 to celebrate Christmas long distance with someone, and our zoom video worked perfectly then, just 2 weeks earlier.  

The zoom meeting I attend met again on January 18.  I tuned in, and again, my screen square was black 😞

Is there some kind of update that happened at the first of the year that I missed for zoom? 

I would be so grateful if anyone could help me figure out what to do.

2 REPLIES 2

ZoomTestKitchen
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer
  • If your video window to everybody was black, and your own video square was black, how are you confident that the camera was on and selected in the Zoom video settings?
  • When you checked your computer camera what did you check to verify that camera is working properly?
  • What type of computer? Windows or Mac?
  • What type of camera?
  • Have you tried a different USB cable?
  • If the USB cable is plugged into a hub, try plugging it directly into a usb port on the computer.

If you find this information helpful, please click on "Accept as Solution".

If you have further questions, please reply, we're happy to help.

Jeff Widgren | Host of the Zoom Test Kitchen
@ZoomTestKitchen

My situation is similar.  Audio was fine.  I could see myself but nobody else could see me, nor was my name visible.  All was black.  The problem appeared just today.  At the end of the zoom call as I was signing off, the other people could see me.  I had another zoom call a few hours later and, again, no one could see me but I could see everyone else, including me.  I am using a chromebook and recently updated to the new zoom (pwa?)