cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Black Screen while sharing the screen of my ipad via cable

Adarsh_Sitapati
Listener

Dear Community, 

I usually give webinars on zoom and I work with my Laptop (macbook pro 14-inch, 2021 | macOS Monterey v 12.3.1), my tablet (ipad pro 11-inch | ipadOS 15.7) and an additional screen (Philips). 

I use the ipad to share the notes that I handwrite during the meetings and I connect the ipad and the macbook via usb-c cable. I usually worked, but now it shows me a black screen. It puts automatically the screen sharing on pause and it's not possible to resume the screen sharing. There is no reaction as I click on the "play" icon to resume share. The screen stays black and it still shows that the screen sharing is on pause.

Did someone else have this problem? How did you solve it?

Can someone help me? 

Best wishes and thank you for your effort and help 🙂

Adarsh

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
2 REPLIES 2

SihuiTech
Listener

You may need to check the mac setting

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360016688031

Ellisman
Listener

I've been having the same issue and nothing I found online worked so I contacted Zoom support and they sent this back - and it worked!!

"I understand that you're having issues with screen sharing your iPad in a meeting with a wired connection where it is always paused and shows a black screen. I'll be glad to assist you with this.

Please do the basic troubleshooting steps below to check if it will resolve your concern.

1. Open the Zoom client and quit from the Zoom menu.
2. Open Terminal from your Mac.
3. Type: cd "Library/Application Support/zoom.us"
4. Type: rm -rf data and hit enter:
5. Reinstall Zoom client: zoom.us/downloads

This should clear out any dirty data on the current profile.

1. Open Terminal from your Mac device.
2. Copy and paste the following command:
sudo killall -HUP mDNSResponder; sleep 2
3. Restart your Mac device.
4. Try again from the Zoom app.

After that please do a test meeting again to check if the issue will still persist. If yes, please provide the meeting ID, date, and time then document the issue via a video clip then sent it here on the email thread so we can investigate the issue further."

Hope it works for you, too!