cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Black Screen during screen sharing

Shiri_Vago91
Listener

Hey everyone,
Sometimes I got a black screen on my laptop during share screen but it only started two weeks ago, I also downloaded the new zoom version 5.9.3 back then and today I downloaded the newer version 5.9.6 3799.
While the screen is black I can close the share screen option after pressing the Windows button and then clicking fast on stop sharing but I still got some weird jittering images on the screen and then only restart of the computer helps.
I am using a new computer of ASUS - Windows 10 with Intel iris Xe Graphic card and Intel i7 CPU./
Thanks for your help🙏

3 REPLIES 3

TomO
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hello,

There are a couple of things to try listed in this support article: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360062306851

Modify the Video Rendering Method

If the issue persists after uninstalling and reinstalling Zoom, change the Video Rendering Method in the Zoom desktop client.

1. Sign in to the Zoom desktop client.
  2. Click your profile picture, then click Settings.
  3. Click Video
  4. Click Advanced.
  5. In the Video Rendering Method drop-down field, select Direct3D11.
  6. Restart your computer, then test the screen share again.
  7. If the issue persists, select Direct3D9 in the Video Rendering Method drop-down field of advanced video settings.

Manage Share Screen settings

1. Sign in to the Zoom desktop client.
  2. Click your profile picture, then click Settings.
  3. Click Share Screen 
  4. Under Window size when screen sharing, select the Show my Zoom Windows to other participants when I am screen sharing check box. Note: If it is not feasible due to security, skip this step.
  5. Click Advanced.
  6. Deselect the Use TCP connection for screen sharing check box.
    Continue using UDP connection for screen sharing.
  7. Under Use hardware acceleration for, deselect the Screen sharing check box.
  8. Exit out of Settings, then test the screen share again.
  9. When starting screen share, select the Optimize for video clip check box.
  10. On your computer, use Activity monitor settings or Task Manager to close all unnecessary programs to conserve system resources.

Thank you. I'm going to try this in the morning before my next meeting. 

jishica
Listener

Hi, I am having the same problem but not with all screen sharing situations. It's very confusing. Some of the fixes above I can't find - I don't know why but I don't seem to have them? (such as Window size when screen sharing, select the Show my Zoom Windows to other participants when I am screen sharing ) The fixes I've found (add cpthost.exe to my nvidia setup, the video items above) don't change anything.