cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Black Box while screen share.

lotharkruse
Listener

Hello,
when I host a Zoom meeting and start a screen share, the participants always see a black bar at the top. This is the zoom bar for me. Even if a pop-up window appears that another participant wants to join the meeting, the other participants see this as a black box. I've attached an image as an example. I've already looked through all the settings, updated the Zoom client, but I just can't get this to go away. I work on Windows 10 Pro. Can someone help or give a tip here? Thanks!

10 REPLIES 10

Patricia_B
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Try going to your Zoom client settings > Share screen > Advanced and disable 'Use hardware acceleration to optimize video sharing". This is usually the culprit with Windows 10 devices.

If this helped, please remember to click on the "Accept as Solution" button below.

i have a similar issue - SEE ATTACHED
screen sharing does not have an advanced option. - SEE ATTACHED

any other ideas? 

thanks

this did not help me please suggest another solution.

I can't find where to locate this 

CSM-Navarre
Listener

Hello,

When you start a screen share,  you can click on the left side of the control bar and drag it to a new location on your screen.   Zoom will save where you position the control bar for all future screen shares.   If you only have one screen, you can also use the Hide Floating Meeting Controls option shown below.  Hope this helps!

WaiyanHtut
Listener

It doesn't work on my Windows 11. Still a BIG problem.

Nexxus6
Listener

We use a product called snagit.  Turning off the snagit capture widget fixes the issue for us.

rpicken
Listener

I have noticed that if I share with "optimize for video" box ticked it will cause black boxes, if it is unticked there are no blacked out sections on the shared feed. Might be worth checking if it enable and try it while disabled instead.

See note from screen sharing feature:

• When Optimize for video clip is enabled along with showing Zoom windows during screen share, any Zoom windows within the area that is shared will appear as a gray box, blocking the view of the shared content. We recommend disabling showing Zoom windows during screen share or using multiple screens so that Zoom windows can be dragged to another screen. 

I discovered by accident exactly what you stated as a solution. As soon as I unchecked "Optimize for video" , everything cleared up and was back to normal again.Wish I had seen your post long time ago. Thanks anyway.

I tried unchecking "Optimize for video" no difference.

I think I have the same problem. I can share screen but when I interact (move my mouse) within any interface there is a lag that shows a smaller black box sometimes as my mouse reached an interactive interface area or the whole shared screen goes black when I click. A few seconds later the black clears and looks good. As I am Now typing in this box the shared screen is all black. When I click outside the text box it lags but my shared screen comes back.

This is happening in my browser, my finder when I launch an application and any open application I try, both sharing desktop or application. The worst part is it worked just fine yesterday and last week.   Were you on a Mac or PC?