cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bad Webcam quality on local screen

RevKim
Listener

Hi can you help please? Strange problem. Local Webcam image corrupt when viewed on Zoom on local laptop. (See attached file - strange colours and fine vertical lines) Image looks fine on Zoom recording. Raw Camera looks fine on local laptop. - it's only bad via Zoom app. Any suggestions much appreciated.  Thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

RevKim
Listener

Thanks. It works when I select Touch up my appearance. Thanks for your help 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Rupert
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hi,

Try toggling on and off (or off and on) your "HD" and "Original Ratio" settings in your Camera settings in Zoom.

See if that helps.

Rupert

Thanks Rupert. I'll give it a go. 

Hello,

I tried that as well however, it still looks blurry. I tried clicking original view and HD but still can't get the blur to disappear. Any recommendations? 

Rupert,

You will NOT believe how much this simple tip helped. My new USB camera works just fine on all other platforms but, when I used Zoom the past few days, the image quality was VERY poor. I searched high and low looking for an answer but everything I tried failed and I've been SO upset. Also, I'm only 25 and everyone at work comes to ME for tech support hahaha. I simply hit the HD button and the quality shot through the roof. Thank you!

Tyler

RevKim
Listener

Thanks. It works when I select Touch up my appearance. Thanks for your help