cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic recording

ECCOC
Listener

Each time a meeting is started the recording is automatically started.  How can I stop the recording from automatically starting at the beginning of a meeting?  We typically don't want to record meetings.

8 REPLIES 8

tobyfromrea
Community Champion | Customer

Hey @ECCOC 👋

It looks like your Zoom Admin has enabled this setting by default. To adjust this, go to Zoom Admin > Account Settings and type 'automatic recording' into the search field. You will then be able to unlock and switch off this setting.
If this was helpful, please click the 'Accept as Solution' button below! 🙌

My situation is VERY strange. I do not want automatic recordings on any of my meetings. But on one of my two login accounts, for reasons I cannot explain, automatic recording happens on all my "New Meeting" meetings that I launch from my desktop app. It's weird. I definitely have automatic recording setting disabled. On both of my two accounts. This problem only happens on one of them. Can anyone explain what's going on here?

tobyfromrea

Hi @rayokay, I would recommend scheduling a test meeting and checking the settings via the web portal:

1. Sign in to the Zoom web portal.
  2. In the navigation menu, click Meetings
  3. Click Schedule a Meeting or click the meeting topic from the list of Upcoming tab and click Edit
  4. Under Options, see if the Automatically record meeting check box is selected.

Done. Still records auto

Mine was already turned off and it still records

chrismenard7

The automatic recording feature is turned on. You need to turn it off.

1. Sign in to Zoom.us
  2. Click Settings
  3. Click Recordings
  4. Scroll down and look for Automatic recordings. Turn it off. 

See the screenshot. I hope this helps. 

Already off. Still records!

Frank_TB

Hello,

When you change a setting that automatically records for your account you are changing the setting for future events. You most likely need to go back to the old meetings and manually change the settings for each meeting that was scheduled prior to changing the account setting.

Regards

If my reply helped, don't forget to click the accept as solution button!