cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audio works when I'm a guest, but not when I host

pcarlaw
Listener

I'm on an iMac with Apple M1 chip running macOS Monterey v 12.1.  I've got Zoom 5.10.0 (5714) for the Apple M1 Chip loaded. Audio settings are "Automatically adjust mic volume" and "suppress background noise>auto".  When I host a meeting I check my mic and speaker and all is working. Yet I can't hear participants and they can't hear me. When I join a meeting as a participant, my audio works just fine. This only happens with 2-3 people/companies I Zoom with. The rest work just fine.

I've rebooted my computer, deleted and reinstalled Zoom. Same problem with these few people.  I also tried it on my laptop (MacBook Pro running macOS Monterey v 12.3 with Zoom v 5.9.1 (3506) for the Intel chip and have the same problem there.

Many thanks for your help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

IP-Man
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

@pcarlaw 

You could try a clean removal/uninstall of Zoom Application and then reinstall it again. This is to ensure that any corrupted files/config on the application is all completely removed before reinstalling.

If you have a Mac -  try uninstalling Zoom by using their uninstall file instead of putting the Application in the trash.

You can do this by going to Applications -> right clicking on zoom.us -> Show package contents -> open Contents -> open Frameworks -> use the ZoomUninstaller file.

After this, try to reinstall Zoom again.

If this has answered or help find a solution to your question , please click the Accept as Solution button below so that others in the Community may benefit as well.

Cheers!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

IP-Man

@pcarlaw 

You could try a clean removal/uninstall of Zoom Application and then reinstall it again. This is to ensure that any corrupted files/config on the application is all completely removed before reinstalling.

If you have a Mac -  try uninstalling Zoom by using their uninstall file instead of putting the Application in the trash.

You can do this by going to Applications -> right clicking on zoom.us -> Show package contents -> open Contents -> open Frameworks -> use the ZoomUninstaller file.

After this, try to reinstall Zoom again.

If this has answered or help find a solution to your question , please click the Accept as Solution button below so that others in the Community may benefit as well.

Cheers!

Many thanks. Seems to have worked.

IP-Man

Glad it worked 🙂

Cheers!