cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audio - unable to hear participants

capaurige
Listener

EDIT:  I believe I've solved this issue.  However, if anyone has any thoughts, I'd still welcome them!  Thank you!

ORIGINAL NOTE:

Hello,

I use Zoom mostly for 1;1 meetings.  For the past few days, I have not been able to hear the other person.  They can hear me; I just can't hear them.   I have checked my Zoom Audio settings while in the room.  And, my participants are not on mute.  I use a good quality headset by Logi.  Does anyone have any suggestions?  

Thank you!

29 REPLIES 29

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @capaurige, have the participant check out How to test and adjust audio on desktop devices if that helps! Let me know after the participant tests and if it helps! 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

This didn't help me. It was the first thing I tried. All audio works otherwise. I've had to switch to another video call platform because no one seems to have a solution. 

Same here- How can we contact Zoom Support directly for this? I can't find anythings that  is helping!

I don't see any answer as to how to fix this problem. Also, Doesn't Zoom offer a call in number for the meeting as scheduled?

Someone finally posted an answer years later!!  Go to Audio in Settings and test your speakers.  Turns out my computer had a speaker selected that I never heard of.  I switched back to the system speakers and success.  

Yogagirl
Listener

I'm having the same issue , any suggestions. Its been fine for two years and this just started last week????

Same here- not working at all after working for two years 😞 (  Maddening! And nothing suggested here is helping .

klasplund
Listener

I am having the same issue. It started yesterday 

I can see them but can't hear them. They hear me.

Right;  WHAT is up with Zoom?! 😞 (

Patdumon
Listener

I am having the same issue. I can't hear the particpants but they can hear me. This is a new glitch, so please help. I am hosting a meeting in two days and this has to be fixes.

thanks in advance!

Pat

LC18
Listener

I'm having the same problem on my mother's windows 10 desktop. Can see but can't hear participants on any zoom meeting.  Computer sound works fine on everything except zoom.  Zoom worked fine for last couple of years then this problem started suddenly 2 days ago. Googled for help, tried many things, including zoom settings, uninstalling and reinstalling zoom, rebooting computer, checking computer sound, etc.  Nothing's worked so far.  I'd greatly appreciate any help with this.  I need to get this working for my mother asap.

Hi, I finally went into Zoom settings and reset everything to "on" relating to audio. Whatever I did, it worked. So the only suggestion I have is to be sure all audio options are turn on. 

Good luck!

is there any way we can do a zoom to /screen share...to help me out??

i have a presentation tomorrow morning and can't figure out.

i did a test meeting today and they can hear me, but i can not hear them.  ***********

Hey, I'm not very tech-savvy. Can you tell me HOW TO ACCESS THE ZOOM SETTINGS? Thank you SO much!

Sorry so late.  You probably figured it out.  It is the little wheel or cog on the Zoom app home page.  

Did you check the audio settings?  Selecting a speaker?

pamelalvdiaz
Listener

I'm having the same issue. All other audio works on my laptop, but I can't hear others speak on Zoom. They are not muted, it's multiple other users, and my system test says it's fine. I need a fix for this - my mentor prefers Zoom and wants to keep using it.  

BarbaraKBurke
Listener

We are having same issue.  Belong to two book clubs and a weekly social group--have logged into ZOOM for past couple of years without problems. Suddenly we cannot hear any participants speak.  HELP!!

medivac
Listener

How did you solve the audio issue. I hve had the hearing participant issue the last 2 weeks. It worked before many years. Help

Louisette
Listener

Hi, 
I am experiencing the same problem. How did you solve it?

pennyart
Listener

Is anyone actually get a response to this issue - I have been fine for years and now can't hear the other parties but they can hear me. Is it the latest update of zoom that has made all our older operating systems no longer workable

Nannerl
Listener

Can you share what solved the issue? 

Gingerbaer145
Listener

I don't see any answer as to how to fix this problem. Also, Doesn't Zoom offer a call in number for the meeting as scheduled?

Kopi
Listener

I was having the same issue, checked my wire, verified I had audio via a YouTube video, etc. 

This was my solution:

1. In the app, go to Settings
  2. Go to the Audio screen
  3. In my case, the dropdown menu next to the Test Speaker button showed my microphone as the selected output device. I switched it to my speakers and Eureka!!! Beautiful sound.

Good luck!

I am on an Imac not an APP. What would resolve this on a computer? I have been having this problem for 2 weeks now. Prior to updating the Zoom client, it worked fine. Now no sound from the other person. THEY hear me but I cannot hear them. She said she zoomed with her friend and had no problem. WHAT IS THE FIX for this? Does Zoom support ever read these messages? I am considering leaving zoom and going to another platform if I do not get help.

I'm on a Mac too. The steps I outlined were performed in the Zoom app on my Mac.

Thank You SOOOO Much!!

Traci3si
Listener

How did you solve it?

SophieH
Listener

I have the same issue, nothing helps. I have a zoom meeting tonight. I've used different devices to test is, and on all the devices, the same problem (phone, computer, laptop). Can someone please help?