cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audio transcript setting not found

franjimenezj
Listener

I can't find the Audio transcription setting for the Cloud Recordings as documentation specifies.  Instead of that I only found a 'Save closed caption as a VTT file' option which is marked but I can't see the transcription file as a downloadable item when I get to the recorded meeting. I just see the video and the audio files.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Rupert
Community Champion | Customer

Hi @franjimenezj 

What type of account do you have?

Cloud recording transcripts are only available on Business and above. Not Pro or Basic.

Rupert

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

Rupert

Hi @franjimenezj 

What type of account do you have?

Cloud recording transcripts are only available on Business and above. Not Pro or Basic.

Rupert

Thanks Rupert. I've checked it and we have a Pro account so I see now the problem.  We'll think about a possible upgrade to Business.

Cheers

Fran.

If you've got a meeting recording, you can upload it to https://otter.ai/home to get a transcript - up to half an hour's worth of transcribing on a free account. I'm on an Education Zoom account, but I use Otter when Zoom's transcript fails to materialise.

hklein
Listener

Hello! As someone with a Pro subscription- why is it that we have the option to select 'Save closed caption as a VTT file' if that feature is unavailable? Our team was relying on the transcript and was under the impression that we would have that available since we enabled the closed caption feature.

juliarh
Listener

Hello! We have a Business subscription but have the same issue as  @franjimenezj .  At the account level, under Advanced cloud recording settings, we don't see the option for Audio transcript.  I've attached a screenshot of my available options. 

Thoughts?

georoth
Listener

Can someone tell me why the comparison table (see attached ) provided on the Zoom website checks the box for "Live Transcription" as a feature available to Pro accounts?  I was looking for the ability to transcribe interviews I am doing as part of my research into my family history, and  I have a disability which makes typing very difficult.  My research into which account would allow me to transcribe meetings led me to this table on the Zoom website which is why I purchased a Pro account.  Am I wrong in thinking that the table, provided by Zoom, contradicts the requirement that you need a Business or Enterprise account to receive transcriptions of meetings recorded in the Cloud.  I am sure that I am not alone in having used this  erroneous table to buy a Pro account  for the promise of transcription services only to discover that Zoom does not deliver on the promise made.

The comparison table is correct. We have a Pro account and LIVE transcription can be enabled and works fine. So for our users with a hearing issue, the audio is live transcribed automatically and captioned at the bottom during the event. No VTT file is generated at the end of the recording however, and we do not have an option in the settings that reflects what the Zoom article describes. We have a "saved closed caption as a VTT file" checked but no VTT file is ever saved, presumably because we are only using a Pro account.

TL;DR - Pro accounts can do LIVE transcription/captioning but you will not end up with a VTT file among your recordings even if you have the "saved closed caption as a VTT file" option checked in your settings.

Very misleading of you! It takes little to no time to ensure your user base is NOT drawing erroneous assumptions. This is done on purpose!

The person you responded to doesn't work for Zoom, they are just a user. Not sure why you are giving them a hard time about it, they are just interpreting the table based on their experiences.

Very misleading!! I too believed I had this for research purposes :{ 

Phelixotieno
Listener

Ok