cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audio tested good in Zoom but doesn't work

kittyjeanne
Listener
I have a Ploy BT600 headset that used to work fine with Zoom. Now it tested good but I can't hear anyone and no one can hear me. It is not muted. The headset works on other platforms. I tried uninstalling and installing zoom, same with the headset, I checked for updates for the headset...still nothing 

Update: I decided to try using my webcam on my laptop instead of the external webcam and now my audio is working....Not sure why that makes a difference but at least I got it to work. Thanks! 🙂
6 REPLIES 6

ZoomTestKitchen
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Are you in a Zoom Meeting using a web browser, or the Zoom Client? I would try both in attempts to possibly narrow it down the client you're using.

I'd also recommend going to this URL and running a test...

https://zoom.us/test

I've never come across anyone who has a successful test at this site, then not be able to immediately join a meeting successfully.

Just a couple of thoughts... good luck.

If you find this information helpful, please click on "Accept as Solution".

If you have further questions, please reply, we're happy to help.

Jeff Widgren | Host of the Zoom Test Kitchen
@ZoomTestKitchen

I tried both and neither works. I also did the test zoom that you supplied and my audio tested fine but I still can't hear and they still can't hear me. But thanks

Jameswalter
Participant

Check if the microphone, speakers, or headphones are plugged in and not muted. Unplug the device, then plug it back in. If it's a bluetooth device, ensure that it is turned on and connected properly. Make sure that you are using a supported USB device for Zoom

Regards,
James

I've done all that. My headset works on every other platform. My headset has worked before, it is supported by Zoom. But thanks

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @kittyjeanne welcome to the community! As its been some time since you've posted this discussion, are you still coming across this being an issue? 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

jwhanleyjr
Listener

I am having this issue and it just started recently.  I used to use zoom just fine and the last two weeks I have had to dial in to all meetings because audio on my computer does not work despite passing all tests.   Speakers and microphone work on other meeting platforms, so yes I have made sure they are plugged in.